Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: I've had this GAB in my collection, a possible Cupal production, that could use some expert assessment. It matches well with the unknown "Cupal Maker" except for a variant catch wi

Default ? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

I've had this GAB in my collection, a possible Cupal production, that could use some expert assessment. It matches well with the unknown "Cupal Maker" except for a variant catch with the opening facing the right. Multiple examples of this unknown maker consistently show the round wire hook opening to the left on a circular base. It is light in the hand weighing 14.3 g as one might expect with an aluminum core....OR...Is this a tombac hollow GAB? Thanks in advance for any help.

? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Hello Martin, I know little of these badges but the yellow base metal looks more like tombak to me. If it was CupAl I would expect to see it more of a coppery colour. Hopefully some more members will weigh in with their opinions.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Here are two CupAl badges from Giel's Militaria and Epic Artifacts respectively.
    You can see how much redder the base metal is because of the copper compared to the example you show that is much more yellow and indicative of tombak.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen   ? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

If it's any help here is my worn Cupal badge to give an indication of the colour under the silver finish.

Cheers

Jamie

? Cupal Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Default Typical Cupal weight

Thank you for the excellent feedback. I was wondering about typical weights on these cupal GAB pieces?