Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen for review

Article about: Hi everyone, here is another GAB from same seller as my last post. My concerns here is the catch is facing to the left unlike the other GAB's i have seen. Could this be a zinc type 1.27.3? A

?

Default Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen for review

Hi everyone, here is another GAB from same seller as my last post.

My concerns here is the catch is facing to the left unlike the other GAB's i have seen. Could this be a zinc type 1.27.3?
    Also the detail on the 2 lower acorns seem to differ from known originals posted on this forum (closer together and lacking detail).

As always hoping learn something new so any information is really appreciated, thank you!

Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen for reviewUnmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen for reviewUnmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen for reviewUnmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A left facing catch, while uncommon is not necessarily an issue. There are a number of makers that did this.

That said, lets wait for others on authenticity. I do not recognize this maker type. Are you reference 1.27.3 from Frank Heukemes book? If so, this is not unknown maker #10. Note the unique upward turning lips on your eagles beak.

It's also not the "lizard" / "chicken" lip fakes as seen in the link below.

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for review
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I believe the unknown maker 1.27.3 has a longer neck.
    It should also have a central dish.

It does not look like any originals I can find.
    I don't like the grenade head and the "balls" at the end of the eagles feet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this "smiling" bird before. I just don't clearly remember what the consensus was. But I don't think it was favorable
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The closest I can find with this short neck and head pressed up tight to the wreath is a Friedrich Orth,
    but the grenade does not look like a candle stick and the claws do not look anything like this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Well I am convinced to stay away from this one. Thank you so much for the replies and really great advice, I learnt a lot from this