Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3.7 cm flak projectile

Article about: Good evening I have bought some flak 3.7 shells with some of them with what appears to me to be inert projectiles . It seems to be HE projectiles looking at the bands and form of the project

?

Default 3.7 cm flak projectile

Good evening
    I have bought some flak 3.7 shells with some of them with what appears to me to be inert projectiles . It seems to be HE projectiles looking at the bands and form of the projectile. Also not fired i believe , fuse had been removed and tracer on the bottom ?? Sorry for my english but it is not my native language and my sentences may not be correct. I do not have them in my possession yet so these are the only pictures i have. But i wonder if these are safe or not ? If HE rounds then there still must be a burst charge in there or am i wrong ? Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3.7 cm flak projectile   3.7 cm flak projectile  

3.7 cm flak projectile  

Lightbulb

The shells are unfired ( no rifling marks on the driving bands ) and look to have been ground-dug. The nose fuzes have been removed and the HE filling has been emptied, so the shells are 'safe' from that point of view.
    To say certainly whether any tracers have been made safe, photos of the base of the shells would be needed.

?

Ok , thank you for the information , when in possession i will post some more pictures from the base of the shells .
    Regards
    Raf

Looks like the middle picture is of the base of the shells. And looks to be clear of any material so I think your good

They look like they came out of an incinerater. Hopefully you're buying from someone who knows what they're doing