Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft relics in Italy

Article about: Hu guys, I found the this website of an italian association that recovered some german, italian, british and american aircraft downed in Nord Italy during the war. The do a very good job of

Default Aircraft relics in Italy

Hu guys,
    I found the this website of an italian association that recovered some german, italian, british and american aircraft downed in Nord Italy during the war. The do a very good job of research and recovery...
    hope you enjoy

Agmen Quadratum. Recuperi

Davide

Default Re: Aircraft relics in Italy

Great site Davide, thanks. I was disappointed at first when I pulled it up because it was in Italian, but there is a translate option so I could read it. Very detailed information and background.

Jay

?

Very interesting site, thanks for posting

I was quite taken aback by the lack of shoring in the deep excavation pits and the presence of diggers at depths over twice their height.
    Add the clay soil and damp condition of same, this is a recipie for a quick death if there is a cave in. No extrraction harnesses visible, no extraction tripod, etc.
    I spent a number of years doing commerical excavation digging test pits, locating and excavating piping and vaults and was trained NEVER to go into an unshored excavation deeper than your mid chest. The sheer weight of the soil will crush your rib cage and extraction is very difficult and dicey. I have seen individuals killed/dismembered during emergency extractions using the very type of excavation equipment being used in these photos.
    When it happens, it happens in an instant and the ensuing panic rapidly eats up the vital seconds that determine the difference between possible survival and certain death.

Not only this group but many of the russian and Eastern European digger photos show people going in to unshored bunkers (logs and 2x4's ARE NOT ADEQUATE SHORING) I am quite surprised many are not buried along with the artifacts they seek.

It is cheap and easy to build a steel pipe shoring post system for bunker shoring and using 4 inch by 8 inch timbers as pit shoring , installed at the bottom as you dig and nailed/spiked at the corners but large deep trenches require larger and more complex shoring systems.

I have been at two coroners inquests where the most prevalent statement made was "But he was only down there for a minute or two..."

Think about it, Make a plan, Be Safe, Go home to Your Family at the End of the Day.

NO BURIED RELIC IS WORTH DYING FOR!