Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Alvis Saracen Wrecks

Article about: These wrecks are on my local MOD firing ranges, a lot of the parts have been taken as trophes, from people who have shot at them in exercises. Someone has even taken the doors off one!

Default Alvis Saracen Wrecks

These wrecks are on my local MOD firing ranges, a lot of the parts have been taken as trophes, from people who have shot at them in exercises. Someone has even taken the doors off one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alvis Saracen Wrecks   Alvis Saracen Wrecks  

Alvis Saracen Wrecks   Alvis Saracen Wrecks  

Default Re: Alvis Saracen Wrecks

Awesome stuff , still worth grabing , cheers Raymond

That's actually kind of sad. I sold my Saracen about two years ago now and still miss it! Seeing these REALLY made me miss it!

i would love to get hold of one of those, its probably all i would be able to afford on a shoe-string budget like mine!

Just a little update on this old thread, the first Saracen (more intact one) has been removed from the training area. I've heard that it has been recovered to be restored cosmetically and is going beside the gate at a base somewhere or other. If that story is true I'd say that its quite good news

Thanks

Danny

ILH
    ?

Pirbright and Bisley ranges is fun on google earth..... two or three dozen vehicles to find; tanks, afvs and trucks.