Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Farm item?

Article about: Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong place but can anyone help me ID this? I’m pretty sure it’s a piece of farm/forestry equipment but thought there might be a small chance it’

?

Default Farm item?

Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong place but can anyone help me ID this? I’m pretty sure it’s a piece of farm/forestry equipment but thought there might be a small chance it’s something cool. It’s about 12 inches long. Any thoughts would be appreciated so I can decide to keep or put into the recycling bin. ThanksFarm item?Farm item?Farm item?

The Catch with the cut out hole looks German to me I have found items with the same catch on them

?

Yes I wondered if it could be a vehicle mounting due to the curved “shelf” part

The orientation of the hole and slot "keyhole" suggests it should be at the bottom. Some kind of retaining bracket that is capable of being "unhooked" possibly retaining something with a cylindrical profile? Other than that I have no idea.

Does the find location offer any clues?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi Watchdog. No, the location was filled with junk but did have a nice K98 bolt in there too

Quote by yeti View Post
    Hi Watchdog. No, the location was filled with junk but did have a nice K98 bolt in there too
    So some kind of rubbish pit?
    What I meant was the geographical location ie is it in a zone of period military activity where the types and nationality of units operating in that area might point towards particular equipment?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

...a country at least?

?

Hi. Yes lots of military activity there. End of the war Berlin area so lots of dumping of stuff but also a lot of trash dumped in DDR era too