Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information needed

Article about: I am currently in the beginning stages of restoration on a 12/41 US M3A1E1 White Scout Car powered by a Buda 6cyl. diesel engine model 6DT-317. I am trying to find photos, Russian Units assi

scout car researcher
    ?

Default Information needed

I am currently in the beginning stages of restoration on a 12/41 US M3A1E1 White Scout Car powered by a Buda 6cyl. diesel engine model 6DT-317.

I am trying to find photos, Russian Units assigned this car, parts sources overseas and in particular the manual specifically for this vehicle TM 9-1705D. This vehicle and manual are referenced in the previous manual TM 9-1705C for the Hercules diesel version.

All diesel versions were shipped to Russia under Lend-Lease and were distributed to the Soviet Forces as scout vehicles due to the speed and weight.

There were only a handfull of the Buda models made versus nearly 100 of the Hercules. An additional 3,000 gasoline models were shipped at the same time.

Any information on European sources/contacts would be greatly appreciated.
    Bill
    journeysend.farm@t6b.com

Default Re: Information needed

Hi Bill, I have a Russian book on Lend Lease tanks/AFV's. It is called "Tank Lend Lease". There are 6 pages on the White scout car, mainly photos. Text is in Russian but the English captions to the pics. It is priced around £12.

Cheers, Ade.

scout car researcher
    ?

Adrian. Thanks for the quick reply. I am interested in the book. How did you want me to contact you for payment?
    Bill
    my direct email on file would be best for any personal data.

Hi Bill, sorry I don't have a copy for sale. But I will send you all the exact details about it though. I bought my copy here in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.