Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Ju-87panel tail

Article about: Hi sll,i would appreciate your opinions on this panel tail...original or not? Many thanks

Default Luftwaffe Ju-87panel tail

Hi sll,i would appreciate your opinions on this panel tail...original or not? Many thanks Luftwaffe Ju-87panel tailLuftwaffe Ju-87panel tail

CSW
    ?

Could you please post a link to the item?

It might be an original tail skin, but it looks like it has been re-painted after removal. Notice that there doesn't seem to be any paint missing around the rivet drillings.

Another pic

CSW
    ?

Artficially aged modern paintwork in my opinion. What is the seller's description of it?

ww2 german lutwaffe ju-87 tail section panel 39"×38"

CSW
    ?

That's a vague description and the photos aren't the best either. I'm fairly sure I see shoeprints on the painted surface - to me it looks like they've tried really hard to make the piece appear old and worn. I would certainly avoid things like this one. Just my two cents.

...kinda fun though either way.......

I quite like it though..

I'm not saying it's genuine and I'm sure the price for a guaranteed JU 87 tail panel would be lots of ££'s, $$'s.

Due to the rarity of "Stuka" relics, I'm sure this one could well be a replica??

What is the asking price?

Some period photos of the aircraft in question might be of use here.

Below are three period photos. In all three, a joining seam is clearly visible bisecting the swastika. This seam isn't present on the piece posted above.

Luftwaffe Ju-87panel tailLuftwaffe Ju-87panel tailLuftwaffe Ju-87panel tail

The tail of a Ju-88 is a closer match, with no seams crossing the swastika, but still not quite right. Note the seam in the bottom left of the first one posted (top left as oriented in the photos), which is present on neither the Ju-87 or Ju-88.

To add a personal observation, as someone who collects aircraft relics, there are usually at least a few rivets still present on fragments of aircraft skin, unless the panel was carefully removed postwar. I cannot imagine an enterprising G.I. or Tommy picking out every single rivet. If it was a souvenir piece, I'd expect it to be crudely cut around its edges, which it isn't.

I'd also be interested to know the asking price for this one!

Regards, B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast