Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Monumental Armour

Article about: I always pass by this in my town in front of a government building. Today I decided to stop an take photos. It’s a WW2 Era American 90mm heavy anti-aircraft and anti-tank gun, it played a

Default Monumental Armour

I always pass by this in my town in front of a government building. Today I decided to stop an take photos. It’s a WW2 Era American 90mm heavy anti-aircraft and anti-tank gun, it played a role similar to the German 8.8cm Flak 18.
    Monumental Armour
    Monumental Armour
    Monumental Armour
    Monumental Armour

?

That is wicked ! If that was in my neighborhood when we were kids we'd be manning it all day long. Growing up in an urban town the closest we came to that was a burnt out shell of a car or the monkey bars in the park. Both served well for kids playing army.

Here I am sitting on some guns on the Delaware coast we visited a few years ago. Still a kid at heart. Thanks for posting.

Monumental Armour

Monumental Armour
    Regards, Al

That’s awesome!

?

Great thread . This is in my backyard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monumental Armour  
    Last edited by RH1941; 07-04-2022 at 08:55 AM.

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Great thread . This is in my backyard
    Literally in your backyard? Can I come over and play? LOL
    Regards, Al

I love cannons. It’s my profession but unfortunately I’m missing one from my collection(as most, but apparently not all, of us are I believe). My son has inherited the love of cannon. He’s 6 and I have more than 50 pictures of him standing next to artillery pieces at battlefields forts warships and museums across the country!

This is going to be a great thread...and with the OPs permission ..I would like to rename the thread title to " Monumental Armour "

Posting photos of past armor and vehicles that sit locally in small towns either in parks or outside of VFW buildings....and even on private property / backyards
    I have seen many photos of post war armor in many threads..but I think would be cool to see these Historical reminders here in one thread.
    Thoughts Gents?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Go for it!

Excellent yard decor!

I would love to have a cannon of my very own.
    I can't wait to see where this thread goes.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast