Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerfaust relic

Article about: I prefer to leave them on the place where it was found

Default Panzerfaust relic

Hi guy's i got this at the Leeds fair the other week, not my line of collecting but i always wanted one, i believe it is unusual to find these complete like this in relic condition, does anyone know if it is poss to buy them in origional condition? i think this is either a 60m or 100m one and they could penitrate up to 200mm armour they were made so simple and cheaply and were thrown away after use, the guy told me he dug this up from the Ardennes offensive hope you like it,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust relic   Panzerfaust relic  

Panzerfaust relic  

?

Default Re: Panzerfaust relic

Nice relic, but isn't it a bit TOO complete? With explosive warhead intact? I wouldn't want that in my home.

I don't think a collector would be stupid enough to dig up an intact panzerfaust with warhead and then sell it. He would probably be dead by now anyways.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

correct collertor ww2 its dead it better be ha ha

That should clean up nice with an Oxalic bath and a scrub. Well done!

Are You 100% sure it is full deko? Be careful, if the tube is not empty it is possible that it still contains 60 gr. of black powder. Not much but enough for troubles with police. If it is not a secret how much such items cost in UK?

?

I've got a few of these a Klein , 30 and 60 which we've found in Estonia all now fully deact, it is good advice from Frundsburg to check that they have been deactivated correctly especially the tube itself , some people seem to be deactivating the warhead but not the tube !!.

There is currently a thread on another forum where a member has bought a relic faust from a Fair in the UK which on getting home he has found out that the tube is still full of the powder. He has also admitted being in possesion of a relic mag still with live rounds in it !!!

Many relic fausts of all sizes are currently coming into UK fairs from Poland.

Good condition ones can be found but they go for fairly big prices,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Are You 100% sure it is full deko? Be careful, if the tube is not empty it is possible that it still contains 60 gr. of black powder. Not much but enough for troubles with police. If it is not a secret how much such items cost in UK?
    OHHHH SH*T i didn't know about that bit is the only way of telling if it is still loaded with black powder by looking down the tube, from the buisness end i can see a metal cap still in situe would that be the cover for the charge?
    cheers Ronnie

Ahahaha.... only you Ron!!! Not too many Tanks to worry about in Liverpool so don't be firing it out the window quite yet

Hi Ronnie, place a tape measure down the tube from the rear end and let us know the distance to the metal plate.

You can them work out what is in the tube.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast