Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Banff Aircraft relic recovered

Article about: Hello everyone, I was hoping one or a number of you may assist myself and the being that found this nice relic whilst metal detecting up at RAF Banff. top serial is C3957, Bottom one C2973 b

Default RAF Banff Aircraft relic recovered

Hello everyone, I was hoping one or a number of you may assist myself and the being that found this nice relic whilst metal detecting up at RAF Banff. top serial is C3957, Bottom one C2973 but on the same side as that one a tiny circular stamp what looks to be D9 in the circle or B9 or even 60 upsidedown(?) any help would be appreciated by both of us. I think its an aircraft light(?) the glass is intact and you can see inside the piece itself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Banff Aircraft relic recovered   RAF Banff Aircraft relic recovered  

RAF Banff Aircraft relic recovered   RAF Banff Aircraft relic recovered  

RAF Banff Aircraft relic recovered  

Hi. I can't help with the identification of your relic, but my Grandfather was stationed at Banff while serving with RAF Coastal Command. Have you found much?

the numbers are just part numbers hard to trace if you do not know which aircraft they come from