Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Weapon stand?

Article about: I originally thought this was a stand for a mortar but I now believe they were all triangular. The top bar definitely rotated once. Could it be for an MG? Height is 60cm and base width is 40

?

Default Weapon stand?

I originally thought this was a stand for a mortar but I now believe they were all triangular. The top bar definitely rotated once. Could it be for an MG? Height is 60cm and base width is 40cm. Base discs have small ground spikes in them. Berlin wood find. Any ID would be appreciated
    Weapon stand?Weapon stand?Weapon stand?Weapon stand?Weapon stand?Weapon stand?Weapon stand?Weapon stand?

?

Any ideas anyone? Thought I’d bump it up as I need to decide whether to take to recycling yard. Thanks

Hello Yeti, It does appear to possibly be for a machine gun, however the angle makes me believe it could not be the case as well. I am attempting to do some searching.

?

Awesome, thanks. I can’t find any info anywhere

?

It almost looks too ‘basic’ for a weapons part, with no adjustment.
    It seems to me like a folding support - for a folding table, or bench, or similar.
    (At first I thought of a motorcycle stand, but it’s clearly way too big for that).

?

I wondered if maybe it’s from a frame such as this cable carry frame. Doesn’t look quite the same as this but maybe something similar. Definitely designed to be wedged into earth as feet are spiked and angled.
    Weapon stand?

?

I’ve just had a quick double check of my cable rack and it’s certainly not from one of these, as the framework itself is square in form, rather than tapered.. Good thinking though!
    There were several variations of cable reel supports (some mounted on carts or trailers), as well as trailers for numerous other purposes. It is conceivable that it may be a folding stand for something of that nature..
    I’ll keep thinking!

Legs from a folding table.