Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Article about: Thanks John! What a cool piece of history

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

That book I bought never had a bookplate and an odd stamp which after talking to some book collectors they said that there were some unmarked ones that were thrown out because of lack of a bookplate. I decided to keep it as I could not stand behind it 100% I paid $30 so a small loss on my part.

The one in this thread is not one I own.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Taken from your Facebook site, 'Savage WWII Memorabilia'-

"Just got in some really cool stuff! Original WWII German Luftwaffe Documents and even an original book from Hitler's Personal Library which is super rare!"

So, did you buy it? Are you selling it? Did you find it and decide to not buy it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library
    P
    Many

Taken from your Facebook site, 'Savage WWII Memorabilia'-

"Just got in some really cool stuff! Original WWII German Luftwaffe Documents and even an original book from Hitler's Personal Library which is super rare!"

So, did you buy it? Are you selling it? Did you find it and decide to not buy it?
    Blimey Guv'nor! I thought i'd seen your face before Mo......

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Blimey Guv'nor! I thought i'd seen you face before Mo......

Lol!

It's elementary dear Ned. Just Google the name and you are hot on the trail. hahah

?

Quote by Savage WWII Memeorabilia View Post
    Big Ned,

I was debating on starting a collection of just Berghof items but I am realizing the deeper I dig the more unsure of stuff I get. I only ask to see what everyone thinks. Perhaps it is a near impossible task of trying to build a collection with hard to find items :/
    Aaron,

You endeavour whilst commendable to build a focused collection of Hitler items, is also fraught with danger and huge expense on your part. Hitler related items have had seventy years to be scattered to all points on the globe and being able to assemble a reasonable collection of original Hitler items will be nigh on impossible unless you can print your own money.

Hitler items with provenance command huge prices on today's market and for every genuine piece, there are thousands of fakes and common items purported to be from Hitler. Unless you know what you're looking at and have absolute faith in who you're buying it from, you stand to get ripped off in a big way.

There is also the scepticism factor as well. You need to have a photo of Hitler actually holding that item or written testimony from a veteran who liberated it from Hitler's various dwellings to stand a chance of getting anywhere. Many people all over the world have items that 'belonged' to Hitler. I bet you 99% of them didn't. Those real items in collections invariably stay in collections and don't get sold on the open market very often. Collectors know collectors and things pass between collections through private deals. You need to get some good contacts and make friends with those people - if you know who they are. Not many collectors with genuine Hitler artifacts advertise they own them outside of select circles.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Lol!

It's elementary dear Ned. Just Google the name and you are hot on the trail. hahah
    Ha, Ha! Yeah...."Boom, baby!"

Or maybe that's the other guy....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Haha I almost fell out of my office chair Big Ned

Going to estate sales I have heard is a cool way find some nice items, I just did a search for Hitler Books at Auctions and one went for $5,000

These have been around since I began collecting, and are strictly designed to separate the new collector from his money...along with various "Berghof" Silverware, dinnerware, calling cards, dubious Eva Braun items, etc...I believe I can safely say that the experienced, educated collector stays away from these items unless provenance can be proven beyond a doubt...Arming yourself with knowledge is your best defense, friend....Good luck in your endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn

Adrian,

Sticking to items with no association to someone famous seems a lot safer, thanks for all the advice guys. I have gotten a lot of items from Veterans but that was just common war trophies, nothing from Obersalzberg

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Aaron,

You endeavour whilst commendable to build a focused collection of Hitler items, is also fraught with danger and huge expense on your part. Hitler related items have had seventy years to be scattered to all points on the globe and being able to assemble a reasonable collection of original Hitler items will be nigh on impossible unless you can print your own money.

Hitler items with provenance command huge prices on today's market and for every genuine piece, there are thousands of fakes and common items purported to be from Hitler. Unless you know what you're looking at and have absolute faith in who you're buying it from, you stand to get ripped off in a big way.

There is also the scepticism factor as well. You need to have a photo of Hitler actually holding that item or written testimony from a veteran who liberated it from Hitler's various dwellings to stand a chance of getting anywhere. Many people all over the world have items that 'belonged' to Hitler. I bet you 99% of them didn't. Those real items in collections invariably stay in collections and don't get sold on the open market very often. Collectors know collectors and things pass between collections through private deals. You need to get some good contacts and make friends with those people - if you know who they are. Not many collectors with genuine Hitler artifacts advertise they own them outside of select circles.
    This is quite correct. I have in my possession an empty tube of haemorrhoid cream that was 'liberated' from Madonna's dustbin.......But she was living with Warren Beatty at the time, so you'll never know the truth.....

Hey might want to put that on E-Bay!

Quote by big ned View Post
    This is quite correct. I have in my possession an empty tube of haemorrhoid cream that was 'liberated' from Madonna's dustbin.......But she was living with Warren Beatty at the time, so you'll never know the truth.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast