Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Article about: Thanks John! What a cool piece of history

Default Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Hello,

This book is being offered for sale and I am thinking of getting it, I know how easy it is to fake this stuff so I thought I would ask. The asking price is $450Adolf Hitler Book from his personal libraryAdolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Thanks for the help!

Aaron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Unless there is provenance that the book did originate from Hitler's personal library, it is just a book..........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Don't get caught up in the hype regarding items that may or may not have belonged to Adolf Hitler unless there is solid veteran provenance. It's a good way to lose your money and your sanity at an equal ratio.

Adrian expresses my thoughts on this exactly and as a collector of things other than militaria this question of provenance comes up constantly.

for me, in the absence of rock solid provenance, i don't buy.

The label itself has been available from Nicholas Morigi, seller of re enactment and fantasy 3rd Reich goods for over 20 years that I know of. Here's an example of it currently being retailed by him for around £15. As Adrian says, there is very little chance of this being genuine unless it has rock solid provenance from the soldier who picked it up from the fuhrer's library or where ever.

I have noticed Aaron that nearly everything you have posted here since you joined is either complete rubbish or at best, contentious when it comes to the question of it being the real deal or not. How can anyone be that unlucky? Uncanny. Perhaps you might consider changing your focus when it comes to Hitler related artifacts and concentrate on something where you stand a better chance of not being ripped off, as the way you're going, you surely will i'm afraid.

Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

My thoughts were that anyone could print a bookplate and put in a German book so I have my doubts

"doubt" is worth a lot less than $450 in this case.

Big Ned,

I was debating on starting a collection of just Berghof items but I am realizing the deeper I dig the more unsure of stuff I get. I only ask to see what everyone thinks. Perhaps it is a near impossible task of trying to build a collection with hard to find items :/

Taken from your Facebook site, 'Savage WWII Memorabilia'-

"Just got in some really cool stuff! Original WWII German Luftwaffe Documents and even an original book from Hitler's Personal Library which is super rare!"

So, did you buy it? Are you selling it? Did you find it and decide to not buy it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast