Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AH cake server - Adolf Hitler?

Article about: Please help identify cake server. Bruckmann, silver 800. According to James A. Yannes books, this curved monogram AH means Adolf Hitler and termed as Berghof pattern. Is this true?

?

Default AH cake server - Adolf Hitler?

Please help identify cake server.
    Bruckmann, silver 800.
    According to James A. Yannes books, this curved monogram AH means Adolf Hitler and termed as Berghof pattern.
    Is this true?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AH cake server - Adolf Hitler?   AH cake server - Adolf Hitler?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AH cake server - Adolf Hitler?
    P
    Many

I will throw in my 2 cents, the yannes book is a good reference but IMO is not 100% accurate and filled with fantasy items, there are tons of AH monogramed silver items, alot fake, and most have nothing to do with AH or have any solid proof or provenence of ever belonging to him, the only pieces I would own or touch are the documented AH Formal pattern Berghof items brought back by GI's and they look nothing like what you show. So it's anyones guess as to who it belonged to but I believe it's a long shot that it was AH.

?

I bought this item not as belonging to AH. So the provenance is missing. But not only in the books Yannes this monogram is marked as belonging to Hitler. On the Internet, as I recall, come across items with the same monogram and WITH the provenance - brought from Germany by the US military after 1945.

Well it seems your mind is made up, believe what you will.

?

I would like still to know the truth))

The accepted patterns are the formal and informal Hitler silverware, neither of which match this design. I actually think this particular engraving has been linked to the Adlerhof hotel in the Tyrol during and prior to the wartime period.

AH cake server - Adolf Hitler?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Very interesting version.
    But why Adlerhof?

?

And what's about this:
    "Distinctive and unique to the Berghof, Hitler's mountain retreat in the Alps per Mark D. Griffith's Liberated - Adolf Hitler Memorabilia. published 1985, page 14. “The 'AH' is side by side with outer edges curved convex (outward). The top centers of the letters form a peak in the middle and the bottoms of the letters are proportionally indented".

?

And here - wine carafe with identical monogram.
    Snyder's Treasures -- Glassware, China, and Porcelain

Snyder's treasures.....enough said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast