Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Allach Porcelain

Article about: I wrote an opinion some time ago on these and did an article on one of the forums and then transferred it to my website when I went up 2 years ago. I would think there would be a rule but I

?

Default Re: Allach Porcelain

Danger Danger !!! - that poor little mouse is about to get trampled under all those horses. If you send him to me Mark, he will be in the company of lots of his other kind animal friends......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allach Porcelain
    P
    Many

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    Wow! Kris you sure find the nice stuff! Is it one for sale? I have never seen the all white version. Do you think it was a presentation piece?

Mark
    Mark, Tony,

I do not own this piece it is coming to auction. When I first gave it a look I thought it was the police rider, many people do not even know it exists and I have yet to see one.

But it turns out its just the SS rider in white, common.

Kris

Here is an example of both the original bisque Der Fechter and the second known bronze example. The other was recently auctioned off by Hermann Historica and was owned by the head of Allach, Franz Nagy. This one was presented by Heydrich himself in 1937 to the best fencer in Germany.
    This piece is rare!! I had the opportunity to handle this prior to Mark's purchase and I was impressed with it. Had I not been so focused on the porcelain at the time I might have grabbed it for myself. And now that I saw one auctioned I wish I had.

Super rare!

Congrads Mark

Here is one of my favorite little guys...
    And now this piece!! Mark, your killing me.

There are 2 mice, one of which is like 1 7/8 inches tall I think. I have had 4 or 5 of these through my hands and could never get a perfect example and I had both of them. They are tough and in retrospect I should have kept them anyway as the chances of getting them now undamaged is not too good.

The model #'s are high, 132 & 133. Which places them with some of the rarest wartime pieces and there cannot be many of these out there.

?

Quote by Vid View Post
    And now this piece!! Mark, your killing me.

There are 2 mice, one of which is like 1 7/8 inches tall I think. I have had 4 or 5 of these through my hands and could never get a perfect example and I had both of them. They are tough and in retrospect I should have kept them anyway as the chances of getting them now undamaged is not too good.

The model #'s are high, 132 & 133. Which places them with some of the rarest wartime pieces and there cannot be many of these out there.

Well Voltaire said "Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time."

So maybe you just need more time Kris and an undamaged one will pry your wallet open.

Hell - I never quote Voltaire. Must be old age getting to me.....

Here is an example of both the original bisque Der Fechter and the second known bronze example. The other was recently auctioned off by Hermann Historica and was owned by the head of Allach, Franz Nagy. This one was presented by Heydrich himself in 1937 to the best fencer in Germany.
    Mark, who was the best fencer in Germany in 1937? Was it the Modern Pentathlon Champion or what? Just curious as to tie in the bronze award with the porcelain ones awarded in the SS-Police contests in 1939.

Joe

?

Here is another piece I just received.

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    welcome to w/relics robin, may i ask you again your angle on this ss hitler service set, as the majority favour bad. i have a peice indirect from your posession that has changed hands no fewer than 4 times in as many years. this hot spud keeps raising its head when ever the unfortunate buyer sells on . ....WHY. you think bad ?????
    Hello Phil.

As I said over on the WAF, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with the AH set. The chap in the US who bought it from me a few years ago was also happy with it, as far as I know. Otherwise, I would have given him a refund. As for the subsequent buyers, I have no knowledge.

I know that others do not feel happy with the whole range of AH pieces, and I totally accept their opinions. I am the first to admit that I'm not an expert in porcelain.

I'm only a collector. I'm not a dealer.

Once a seed of doubt has been sown, it spreads throughout the collecting community. Something a collector is totally happy with one day might seem less desirable the next if someone suddenly throws doubt on it.

If you are happy or unhappy with the item..............that's the only thing that matters.

Anyone who takes interest in this hobby and enjoys collecting the materials is going to eventually take some form of hit. Its almost inevitable, its part of the game.

There have been threads on what looked to me like good pieces and they were poo poo'd and then some bad pieces get the green light. Textbooks are great and they are countless in the marketplace. But they can be flawed as well. And now as the hobby hits maturity, bad pieces are even more likely to be accepted and added to books. One of the reasons for this is greed in a lot of cases. And lets face it, the fakers can read too.

And its not just 3rd Reich, its art, civil war, firearms of every shape and form, and anywhere you can find profitable items, and there are reference books for those as well.

But handling pieces is a key factor when in the marketplace. I have done a good amount of shows now and have handled all kinds of items that I would never had the opportunity to handle, SS Honor daggers, A cased naval honor dagger. In one instance I had two daggers worth 250k in my hands. I could never afford to own those, but I enjoyed the few minutes I had with them.

Since I have been in the hobby I think I have lost 700.00 on bad pieces. And its probably that low because I am extremely cautious and try not to get into area's where the real issues lie. Cloth, helmets, SS items etc.

This morning two fake dogs popped up, a pitcher that is probably bad and a box with an Allach marking that could very well be bad. This is all new for the most part. Now Allach is a target as now people are after it. And what do we have for reference?? Very little really. Certainly not enough now as its just getting into swing.

You have no idea how much this new threat tweaks me, I fired that topic off to every dealer in my address book. The reason for that is that most have not handled a lot of it and its not their specialty, some will know right off the bat and some will not. Same with repairs and such. And these are seasoned collectors in many cases.

But now I warned them, so they should know if they did not before, and the situation is going to get worse as the fakers will no doubt get better.

The A.H dinnerware has a textbook mark, but only because there is no updated textbook that has kept up with the market and certainly does not address these new issues. Which in time will no doubt have someone out a lot of cash.

I am not perfect, nor do I take any joy in casting doubt on pieces for the sake of doing it, many on these forums seem to like to beat up items and they not only do not know anything but in many cases never saw or handled a piece to make a statement in the first place.

If you find yourself in the market or looking for a piece, message me. Maybe I can wrangle a deal for you and save you a few bucks to offset your hit, if you take one at all. You did get the nicest of all these A.H pieces if I am not mistaken.

But, I can assure you that I did not take any shortcuts when I made that opinion in respect to study and the issues. And I do not make my living or even part of it selling 3rd Reich. So I have no real agenda other than enjoying the hobby and the porcelain.

Best,

Kris

interesting allach link

Third Reich Arts - Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast