Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ashtray WH

Article about: Hello collectors! I like to find out as much information as I can about the things I have in my collection. One of the newest additions. A crystal ashtray from the '75 staff. Infantry Divisi

?

I also don't think he was directly in anyone's backpack. I think he may have been in a headquarters just behind the front lines.
    Any info would be appreciated!
    Ashtray WHAshtray WH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ashtray WH
    P
    Many

?

Could be the Gebrüder Kühn (Kühn Brothers) from Schwäbisch Gmünd.

Ashtray WH

?

It really does look like the same hallmark. Another piece of the story revealed!
    Thank you very much Killian.

An interesting find Papi, I think possibly from the barracks or presented to the former owner when he left the service? If this was the case then he may have been indeed fortunate.

?

I think that if it were fasciated by officers in every unit, there would be a lot more of them preserved. I found about 3 on the internet. So I think some of the officers had it custom made in 1938 and lived through the war with it.
    Then he came home with it and kept it as a souvenir.
    I've also been looking for photos from the Wehrmacht HQ to see if there's anything similar. It doesn't look to me like it was used directly at the front. It would have broken right away. The diameter is 20 cm. So it was probably at headquarters.

?

It is a long shot, but you could email the current company and ask if they can date it, based on the design and hall marks. There’s an email address under “contact” on their website: Quandt

?

Good idea. I've already written to the company. I hope it works out. I'll post their responses in the comments for interest.
    So that any other collector has at least a little insight into similar militaria.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2