Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?

Article about: Been offered these, any ideas on what they are related to please ? All information appreciated Cheers

Default Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?

Been offered these, any ideas on what they are related to please ?

All information appreciated

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?   Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?  

Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?
    P
    Many

?

The third pics seems to be WHW tinnies IMO
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    The third pics seems to be WHW tinnies IMO
    Thanks, there appear to be a few hundred of these apparently , any worth ?

?

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Thanks, there appear to be a few hundred of these apparently , any worth ?
    For a collector yes.. I would keep them as a set.. JMO
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Well, the box lid says "Saxon (as in Saxony) Castles and Palaces". So not really what most of us call "Tinnies" rather souvenir type badges but in an associated "set" a bit like cigarette cards or the coins relating to space travel etc that used to be given away at petrol stations in the UK back in the 70's.

Not sure that these are TR period and can't really tell what was scratched off from the logo. If not TR then they would be from the former DDR (East Germany). A nice curio but I don't think it is militaria.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

PS Saxony should not be confused with what is sometimes called "Old Saxony" which included Bremen, Hamburg parts of Lower Saxony, and Northrheinwestphalia (all in West Gernany) and part of Sachsen Anhalt (East Germany)
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-04-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Well, the box lid says "Saxon (as in Saxony) Castles and Palaces". So not really what most of us call "Tinnies" rather souvenir type badges but in an associated "set" a bit like cigarette cards or the coins relating to space travel etc that used to be given away at petrol stations in the UK back in the 70's.

Not sure that these are TR period and can't really tell what was scratched off from the logo. If not TR then they would be from the former DDR (East Germany). A nice curio but I don't think it is militaria.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    Thanks for the information, when you mention scratched from a logo, which logo do you mean ?

Are these related ?

cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?   Assorted Badges, Any ideas Please ?  

The blue box lid has an eagle holding a sword and the central motif at the eagles talons has something scratched away that could be a swastika which if it is would tend to answer the TR point but I think it could just as easily be something completely different which someone might remove hoping the assumption of the former would be made.

As for the other items, no I don't believe they are connected in any way. The symbols are nordic runes and would be sold on a length of thread. We all know how much the Nazis liked a rune or two and these are likely WHW type charity items although I have never seen this type before. The pamphlets if that is what they are (they look a bit small) would be the usual early war propaganda stuff. I am guessing they show pictures of the glorious Wehrmacht demonstrating their prowess 1939 - 40?

I should say this sort of stuff isn't really my area and my opinion is based on what I see when rooting around and in the case of the badges my knowledge of Germany as a whole.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Great thanks, the information is a great help, what you have stated seems about right, thank you

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Are these related ?
    The little badges with the coats-of-arms of various cities seen in the third picture of post # 1 as well as the square runic tags and the little booklets seen in post # 6 are all Winterhilfswerk donation items.

I wasn't familiar with the pins with the Saxon castles, but apparently those are also from the WHW. (At least they are being described as WHW items on current and past eBay auctions.)

Thanks everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast