Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Busts of Hermann Goring and Adolf by Olaf Lemke and B.H. Mayer

Article about: My grandfather passed away and left me all his ww2 relics and memorabilia. I could use some information as I know you cannot go down to your local antique shop and ask about these items.....

Default Busts of Hermann Goring and Adolf and Archer Bronze by Hugo Lederer by Olaf Lemke and B.H. Mayer

My grandfather passed away and left me all his ww2 relics and memorabilia. I could use some information as I know you cannot go down to your local antique shop and ask about these items......so Im asking for you honest opinions and information as my grandfather has had these 2 items in his possession since he was 23 years old. So they have been sitting in the same spot almost 50+ years. I do know that they hold nice value. Bare with me as I have only had a week to go thru a 70 year collection of German antiques and ww2 me
    Busts of Hermann Goring and Adolf by Olaf Lemke and B.H. MayerBusts of Hermann Goring and Adolf by Olaf Lemke and B.H. Mayer
    The Hermann Goring is still in storage but I will get better pics I appologize for the distant front picture as I was overwhelmed by so many antiques it was a lot to take in and I couldn't photograph what he has in a month. This will be a process and a long one but I only want it to go to someone who will cherish it as much as he did. Also the Hermann is 2x life size and approx 60-80lbs I will weigh and measure for everyone this week. He lived an hour and a half from where I live so bare with me as I work a full time job as a service technician for Mopar. I wear gloves when I handle this stuff as I know they hold value. If you could possibly just give me a range thats reasonable to accept for one of these pieces as I dont want to get taken advantage of would be very much appreciated.
    Need a little backstory on this piece and if it would he considered a rare and valuable piece. Dont need an appraisal just trying to sort everything out. Hopefully the people I have reached out to will get back to me with a dollar amount because I have got to atleast get myself some kind of ballpark if I was to sell everything except for a few things that I will be holding onto personally. Busts of Hermann Goring and Adolf by Olaf Lemke and B.H. Mayer
    Last edited by shaneOrelics; 11-28-2023 at 07:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Busts of Hermann Goring and Adolf by Olaf Lemke and B.H. Mayer
    P
    Many

The Goring does not look 2 times life size; bigger than life but not two times.

You need to change your camera orientation.

?

Chamois horns are interesting, is that 1912 dated?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes I have hundreds of horns 1900s dated all hand carved wooden plaques

Im sorry I know the pictures are bad Im overwhelmed with so many valuables bare with me anything that you see in the background of interest let me know ill post a picture of some of the hornsBusts of Hermann Goring and Adolf by Olaf Lemke and B.H. Mayer
    I assure you that head is huge the picture is to far away to see Ill put a head next to it of normal size and you guys can tell me what it is. You very well might be right but I assure you its double the size of my head maybe because it has that neck but this thing is massive thats not a small lamp next to it.

- - ------- - -

I have 100s more of the horns with dates of all sorts early 1900s and before

Shane,

Welcome to the forum and we do look forward to helping you identify the items you have. Please keep in mind that we are not here to appraise or give values on items as this can be a very subjective area. We are here to help preserve the history of said artifacts and items and we don't focus on monetary values.

Once you know what the items are after identification, I recommend looking at various auction sites and similar venues in order to ascertain prices for what you have. There are some sponsors here that specialize in the selling of militaria and if that is your desire to sell these items you may want to consider contacting them.

In the meantime, please post the items you have in order for us to assess and validate what you have and hopefully we can provide some historic information for you.

Best regards

Smitty

I appreciate it. My problem is I have nothing to compare the busts too. But I understand I just was hoping for a range so I dont completely lose out. But I apologize for asking. Maybe if you guys know anyone that could help me with my bigger more valuable items in pointing me in the direction of someone who does appraise these type of items. My apologies on asking. Could you possibly tell me if Olaf Lemke is a good signature to find on the back of the bust or where he is on the scale of bronze bust sculptures are his works considered to be some of the better ones or more on the low end when it comes to these busts. No value needed I have searched his name and very limited information about him.

?

Here you go, I hope this helps. Do an internet search of Olaf Lemke, you might be surprised. If it's authentic, Good luck

Last edited by Aldo; 11-22-2023 at 02:21 AM.
    Regards, Al

Aldo what is the question on the hitler bust and ill provide as much information as I can.

?

It's a link, click on it and it will take you to another thread about a similar bust.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast