Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canteen bought skull rings

Article about: Hello again folks or should I say volks. Thanks for the contact information for the SS number look up guy. He got back to me right away. Next question, I’m interested in buying myself and

Default Canteen bought skull rings

Hello again folks or should I say volks. Thanks for the contact information for the SS number look up guy. He got back to me right away. Next question, I’m interested in buying myself and a friend a canteen bought skull ring. I’ve seen a few for sale here and there but have steered clear due to the fact I don’t know anything about them. Any suggestions? My wife will kill me if I purchase a SS honor ring which I also don’t know much about...
    Thanks, panzernutter Canteen bought skull rings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Canteen bought skull rings
    P
    Many

With a bit more reading and contemplating I hate to break it to myself, finding a correct authentic ring is pretty much out of the question. Good to know

MAP
    ?

They are out there. Keep looking and one eventually will turn up. Of course I'm not the guy who can help authenticate it. Just one to tell you to keep up the search

Typically, when you stop looking, you find one. And then when you finally buy one....4 or 5 will pop up right soon after! LoL

The dealer of this ring is pretty well respected and a sponsor if this forum, but regardless, always judge the item, and not rely on the reputation of any dealer.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

What makes you think this is a fake? I am curious to know.

Dos
    ?

It looks good from the only photo provided. I think it is just sold out.. I’ve seen a few good ones come up for auction and sale lately. They are out there!

Reading and viewing the dozens of threads here on this forum is a good start to learn more about these canteen rings.

-Dos

?

All I can add...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canteen bought skull rings  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    All I can add...
    Very nice!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Worth the 15 bucks already that advertisement is V 2 cool.

Quote by Panzernutter View Post
    Worth the 15 bucks already that advertisement is V 2 cool.
    This is a well-known pattern of 'Kantine Ringe'. They have a more anatomically correct skull compared to some other patterns and snakes on the shank. Please note, this is not an SS ring. There was only one type of official SS ring, as most of you know.

The subject of this thread was known as a 'Wehrwolf Ring'. There are several real ones floating around. Some have coloured glass (usually red) in the eyes. A large haul of these rings was found several years ago in Berlin; I am fortunate to own three of them myself. They were made by Carl Frey & sons, a well-known family of German jewellers.

There have been several posts on this pattern of ring, here and other fora over the years. Here's one example:

Frey & Co. Skull Ring......

Although this is not an SS ring, the pattern was seemingly favoured by none other than Heinrich Himmler, as you will see if you follow the above link.

From the photo posted, the ring actually looks good to me. It's hard to tell for sure based on photo. However, if it costs '15 bucks', as noted above, either it is a fake or it's the bargain of a lifetime. I wouldn't accept less than €400 for any one of mine.

Canteen bought skull ringsHere’s what got me started on the ring interest. It belonged to Heidi lahm. She was my neighbor. And was a member of BDM. The ring is a common ring. Available in shops all over Germany. It kind of neat that I actually new her personally. Her nephew gave it to me when she died. He’s looking for a picture of her in her uniform. If I get it I’ll post it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast