Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dachau SS Luncheon Knife

Article about: This is a very interesting piece. Over the years I've searched the web for similar lunch ware and the only thing I could find is a photo of a dinner knife in "The Encyclopedia of Third

?

Default Dachau SS Luncheon Knife

This is a very interesting piece. Over the years I've searched the web for similar lunch ware and the only thing I could find is a photo of a dinner knife in "The Encyclopedia of Third Reich Tableware b James A. Yannes" that has a similar pattern. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks,
    Mr.G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau SS Luncheon Knife   Dachau SS Luncheon Knife  

Dachau SS Luncheon Knife   Dachau SS Luncheon Knife  

Dachau SS Luncheon Knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachau SS Luncheon Knife
    P
    Many

?

Try this link, you may find it useful, not a fan of the knife, the quality isn't there and looks homemade (Dremel) The history of Gerlach's brand | Gerlach
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Well, a very highly respected collector/dealer says it is real and has offered me several hundred dollars for it. I'm more inclined to believe him various an unknown armature such as yourself.

Quote by MrGale View Post
    Well, a very highly respected collector/dealer says it is real and has offered me several hundred dollars for it. I'm more inclined to believe him various an unknown armature such as yourself.
    IMO, you should sell it for that sum while you have the chance.
    The quality of the engraving is poor. The SS runes are not equal, the large ones, and the small ones on the reverse are poor as well.
    The pattern may be original but, the engraving is likely not.

I also suggest you not insult members with your posts, as we do not allow this on on our forum.
    If you wish to discuss the item, then do so.
    We do not know you either, so, you could be the person that did the engraving and are just trying to flog it here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The engraving on that handle is truly shocking for something that was supposedly made for an elite force such as the SS. Nonetheless, if your highly respected collector/dealer says its real, then it must be. Perhaps standards were slipping when they made this one though.

?

I'm not sure how this turned into a pissing contest. I just asked a simple question, I'm not trying to sell it, scam anyone and I'm sure as hell not that good with a Dremel. :-)

But I guess this guy is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dachau SS Luncheon Knife   Dachau SS Luncheon Knife  

I'm not a fan either. I think that the SS and Dachau engraving was done post war.

MrGale,

I can tell you very simply how this turned into a pissing contest..

Your personal attack on one of the forums respected members and your insinuation of GWAR being an "armature" which I presume you meant amateur.

So you asked for help, didn't like the reply regarding the SS runes and the other engraving and claim a respected collector/dealer says its authentic. offers you several hundred dollars...and then you berate a member...

Rbminis also suggested that you don't insult members here..

Chose your wording wisely next time before you ask for help and don't like the replies or I will show you to the exit.

Smitty

?

GWAR, I apologize for my comment. I over reacted when I read your.
    Gale

MrGale,

Thank you for your acknowledgement..

We want to respect everyone's comments and thoughts and treat each member with dignity and respect..

We may not always agree with each other but we like to think of this forum as a sanctuary where adults can discuss militaria amongst like minded collectors and can be civil with each other.

Best regards, happy collecting

Smitty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast