Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Desk Eagle authentification

Article about: It is very hard , it has over 2 or 3 kilos. And i m wondering about some opinions about genuinity and if its worth my investment

?

Default Desk Eagle authentification

It is very hard , it has over 2 or 3 kilos. And i m wondering about some opinions about genuinity and if its worth my investment Desk Eagle authentificationDesk Eagle authentificationDesk Eagle authentification

it costed me 180 usd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Desk Eagle authentification
    P
    Many

?

It looks rough and poorly made like a cast item. I would personally pass on it.
    Regards, Al

?

But it does look old tho, it had many falling signs on the iron

IMO, this is a poor cast copy.
    You can search out some original examples to compare in this section.
    New Desk eagle
    Table Decoration Eagle
    Third Reich table eagle
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I can’t speak to the age but there are old fakes out there that have taken on the antique look. My point is that it appears too crude to be a TR item but perhaps I’m wrong. Wait for more opinions
    Last edited by Aldo; 03-17-2023 at 12:51 AM.
    Regards, Al

?

Desk Eagle authentificationDesk Eagle authentificationDesk Eagle authentification More detailed pics

Kodak,

I have to agree that this is a poor cast copy. The Eagle head is misshaped and there is really no reason for the year 1940 to be stamped into it.

There are many reference books available that you may want to invest in prior to purchasing anything. Here is a link to our forum reference library that shows many of the books available.

I do not know if there is a specific book that covers desk eagles themselves but there are some that cover the veteran bring back items and they show many original desk eagles and other desk ornaments.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german-militaria-books/

Smitty

?

are there any chances of other third parties making this cast items in the year of the third reich? and many might pass as fakes?

Quote by kodak View Post
    are there any chances of other third parties making this cast items in the year of the third reich? and many might pass as fakes?
    The detail and workmanship of this piece would never have been allowed to sell under the Third Reich.
    Those do not look like feathers on his back, it looks like he has a net on him.
    His tail and wings have far too many casting flaws on them for this to be original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I accept the fact that this is fake, i still like it as a new collector . But is that a fact that under the third reich all artefacts or art is perfect? and never made by third parties privately to sell stuff and make extra money? Of course the details won't be even close to the genuine factories under TR. But the idea is they might be same period old items , that pass as fakes. But as a history lover for me they might have the same historical value

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast