Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eagle assessment

Article about: Hi All I'm very new to this hobby and was wondering if I could get an esteemed expert to tell me if this eagle is a forgery. Apparently it was from the liberation of Jersey (hence why it has

Default Eagle assessment

Hi All

I'm very new to this hobby and was wondering if I could get an esteemed expert to tell me if this eagle is a forgery.

Apparently it was from the liberation of Jersey (hence why it has that scratched into the rear of the wings).

Not being an expert myself, I thought it a bit suspicious that it's dated but doesn't have a makers mark.

Thanks in advance!

Eagle assessmentEagle assessmentEagle assessmentEagle assessmentEagle assessment

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle assessment
    P
    Many

Apophis7: I will go out on a limb and tell you that I think it is a fake. It looks to me to be a very poor casting and the inscription, “The Liberation of Jersy,” (sic) looks to me like the letters were part of the original casting mold. I say that because the letters seem to me, to be raised (convex), which they would be if they were a part of the molding cast, rather than scratched into the surface (concave) had they been put there with a sharp tool. Whether cast in or engraved on, there are conspicuous problems with the words that alone cause me to question its authenticity. The “I” and, especially, the “o” in Liberation, appear to be lower case, whereas all the other letters are upper case. Jersey is misspelled “JERSY,” and the date is a mess. Any of those features is enough to raise doubts about this eagle. Last, there appears to be a spot of rust below the Swastika, but the bolt through the head of the eagle has no signs of rust. I might sound picky, but I’m not. The Germans under Hitler had their faults, but shoddy craftsmanship was not one of them. Dwight

?

A nice item, anyway. Would fit in my warroom.

I don't like the "duck bill" on this one.
    Most likely a fake for me as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi all, thanks for the replies and feedback.
    I don't suppose anyone would be able to DM me some places I might be able to find a genuine eagle?
    This one I found on a british auction site (I assumed it was genuine as it was from an auction site however when asked they said they couldn't guarantee authenticity - and hence why I joined this forum), and I've been keeping my eyes on a few US websites (Wittmann & OriginalGermanMilitaria).
    Thanks again.

General Militaria – Meda Militaria

buying from JR is a no-brainer.... guaranteed to be authentic