Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?

Article about: Hello there! What do you think about this? Bought it a couple of years ago and now I was offered a similar one The exact same broken wall mounts and that made me wonder if it’s really a go

Default Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?

Hello there! What do you think about this?
    Bought it a couple of years ago and now I was offered a similar one
    The exact same broken wall mounts and that made me wonder if it’s really a good one... thanks for your opinions...//Andreas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?
    P
    Many

?

As you know these are faked a lot and there are many variations, too risky for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?  Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?  Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I read somewhere that some of these examples were not for the wall but for desks..
    Attached Images Attached Images Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?  Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?  Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake? 

Thanks for the info, I didn’t buy the other anyway. But it would be nice if someone know something more about the one I own... it’s the one in the photo...it’s pretty spectacular that 2 eagles shows up in such close area... and no one can verify them as fake ( as I believe) but I hope I’m wrong...

?

I also hope that someone else will step in, but for me and in my opinion I would expect to see better edge definition and quality especially if made of brass, it also lacks any patina / verdigris which leads me to believe it has been polished . Good luck, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?   Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?  

Default early eagle

The originals were made from aluminium.... here is an example of one. Brass versions seem to be cast copies.Early german wall eagle in brass? Correct or fake?

The brass ones have long been known to be recast copies of the aluminum originals- and poor copies at that....

It looks fake, I'm afraid.
    Mil