Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Enamel Schild for review

Article about: Hello collectors friends, i have found this forum! I am new member, also collected and also wanted to join this forum So i hope to get some informations about this enamel shield from the pic

?

Default Enamel Schild for review

Hello collectors friends,

i have found this forum! I am new member, also collected and also wanted to join this forum
    So i hope to get some informations about this enamel shield from the pics!
    I hope the pics are good enough for more informations

best regards Copra N.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel Schild for review   Enamel Schild for review  

Enamel Schild for review   Enamel Schild for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Enamel Schild for review
    P
    Many

?

Unhappy

none?

?

In my opinion, enamel signs are a hit or miss, there are too many sites that offer these types of signs as reproduction, and they're convincing enough, what concerns me about this particular sign is the paint smears on the reverse, it seems someone may have been trying to color match on the spot, weren't these made with a powdered glass substances? Just my two cents, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I agree with Gwar. You can also see from the eagle's claws that something is wrong. Compare that to a period NSDAP enamel sign.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel Schild for review  

Just saw your post on the sign. Outside of my militaria collection I also collect porcelain gas, oil and other advertising signs. Been doing it for about 30 years. In that time, I have never come across a correct porcelain sign with that amount of confusion ??? on the background. And Gwar is correct. Porcelain signs used a glass compound that was either fired or baked on. Maybe the production process was different in Germany as opposed to the US. Don't know. But what I do know is if I saw this type of smear, paint, glassing, or confusion on the back of a Standard, Gulf or Esso oil sign... I'd pass on it.

Regards,

All I know is I know nothing.

Gerry C.

JustMeinKC!

?

Thanks all for the comments
    best regards copra

- - ------- - -

Thanks all for the comments
    best regards copra