Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fork SS, original?

Article about: Do you think this is real or not, I want to buy it? IMG-9544 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB IMG-9545 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

Default Fork SS, original?

Do you think this is real or not, I want to buy it?
    IMG-9544 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB
    IMG-9545 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fork SS, original?
    P
    Many

Fork SS, original?

Hello, OK for me...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

So in looking through my copies of Yannes's Encyclopedia of TR tableware, I can not find an match for the fork you posted.

There is an example of an SS Reich fork with a similar style of engraving and a Reich police fork that lines up for both the maker's mark and the fork itself, and looks to be a match for the style of the cursive in the engraving.

However, as you can see if you compare the SS fork to the one in the book, the style of the cursive lettering is different and the "SS -" are positioned more closely to the "Reich" and the maker's mark isn't a match....but it's close to the examples in the book and there was such a wide variety of manufacturers with different marks that just because it isn't in his book doesn't mean it's not legit be he notes in the preface of his book that if a particular item is not documented, it's because he does not own one.

Basically I can offer the caveat of "Buyer beware", as there are a lot of fake TR pieces out there, silverware included. Look at other items the dealer has for sale and see if they pass the "sniff test" as it were...if they look to have legit items, it would make me more confident that the fork was original and legit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fork SS, original?   Fork SS, original?  

Thanks and merci beaucou

Maybe you know and tell me links where I could buy something from ss-reich dishes?