Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German glass stein engraved lid nazi stein

Article about: Th.is is my own item just curious if original or knock off.did not pay much yard sale find .i have heard glass steins are more scarce then stone ware ones any info would be great thanks guys

Cool German glass stein engraved lid nazi stein

Th.is is my own item just curious if original or knock off.did not pay much yard sale find .i have heard glass steins are more scarce then stone ware ones any info would be great thanks guys out there stay healthy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German glass stein engraved lid nazi stein   German glass stein engraved lid nazi stein  

German glass stein engraved lid nazi stein   German glass stein engraved lid nazi stein  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German glass stein engraved lid nazi stein
    P
    Many

No Idea about Originality, but i can tell you what it says:

For our colleague (Its says College, but it should say Kollege, i dont know if that is an indicator for a fake, or if at that time the writing was just different.) F. Sonntag, for 25 years Membership. Location Group Kottbuser Tor.
    Interesting to note is that from 1930 onwards the Kottbuser Tor (A place in Berlin) was called Kotbusser Tor with two s, so it can be dated pre - 1930.

The DHV - "Deutschnationaler Handlungsgehilfen-Verband" only existed till 1933 anyways, so it is definitly a pre Nazi Area piece.

How about that amazing.so it's a fake ha wow .stein is quality to but oh well .college is spell wrong .well for 5 bucks take a chance with this stuff thanks alot friend stay healthy

I did not say its a fake, wait for other Opinions, it could just be old german writing. I have researched a bit and found no other Glass/Stein like this one, which would be unlikely as a fake.

Some research just takes a little more time than others.

Jonathan you would not believe some of the stuff that has been assembled together in this hobby with fake junk..and ranges from textiles to steel mixed together.
    In a matter of a short time ...the truth will come out about the stein. Wait for other thoughts and comments to see if it is " Original ...or just a knockoff "

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just a quick side note, Kottbusser Tor is now a pretty rough area of Berlin. Located in the Kreuzberg 36 district it is notorious for it's drug users and prostitution.

Jonathan: I am reasonably sure that the glass Stein you posted is genuine. The complete translation of the writing on the lid is, “The colleague F. Sonntag for 25 years of membership,” which means that Herr Sonntag joined the group sometime before 1905. Looking at the Stein, I do not see any connection to the NSDAP, an opinion that is supported by Adravor’s observation that the spelling of, Kottbusser Tor, was with only one “S” prior to 1930; three years before the Nazis came to power. Kottbusser Tor is a U-Bahn station in central Kreuzberg, a district that Gunny Hartmann correctly describes as, “ a pretty rough area of Berlin.” It wasn’t always so, but it has always been a blue-collar, industrial neighborhood. According to the writing on the lid, the Deutscher Hundesportverband had a local club in that immediate area.
    There are currently several active German associations that use the initials D.H.V, among them:
    Deutscher Hanfverband (German Hemp Association);
    Deutscher Hängegleiterverband)German Hang Glider Association);
    Deutscher Harmonika-Verband (German Harmonica Association);
    Deutscher Hebammenverband (German Midwives Association);
    Deutscher Hochschulverband (German University Association);
    Deutscher Holzarbeiterverband (German Association of Woodworkers);
    Deutscher Hundesportverband (dhv) (German Dog Sports Association).
    There may be others, but I was unable to find them, if they exist. And I was unable to locate an historical list of German associations prior to 1930.
    I don’t think that hang gliding was a big sport in Germany in the years between 1905 and 1930, although soaring in conventional gliders was, which would eliminate the hang gliders group. And he sure wasn’t a midwife. The Hemp association was a trade association, as was the association of wood workers. But wood workers might have given out a 25-year award inasmuch as they were craftsmen. Being a retired university, professor, I doubt that the Hochschulverband fits the mold. For me, the most likely choice among these limited options is that Herr Sonntag was a dog handler and a member of the Deutscher Hundesportverband (dhv). Dwight

?

I like that mug and if you decide you don't want it send me a PM. Gary

Its definitly from the "Deutschnationaler Handlungsgehilfen-Verband" a german antisemitc - nationalistic organization which was fused with others into the DAF - "Deutsche Arbeitsfront" if you research their name you will find the Logo, which 100% matches the one on the mug.

Adravor; good for you!! I am glad that you came up with that. I still like the idea that he was a dog handler, but your discovery is much more "gemüdlich."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast