Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German pilsner glass

Article about: Hi guys picked up this pilsner glass tonight now I just need a good german beer to try it out. Gary

?

Default German pilsner glass

Hi guys picked up this pilsner glass tonight now I just need a good german beer to try it out. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German pilsner glass   German pilsner glass  

German pilsner glass   German pilsner glass  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German pilsner glass
    P
    Many

?

Anybody know what unit this glass is for. Thank you for looking . Gary

JR would mean Hunter regiment

?

Thanks Rene I'm thinking motor pool for the unit . maybe

I would say that is an "I" for Infantry Regiment and not a "J" as suggested.

William Kramer

?

It might be . But I can tell you for sure that it holds a nice cold beer very well.

It looks to a J for me, but i´ve found a german page about the Infantrie Regiment 71 (mot.). so it would fit: Infanterieregiment 71 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht, the Regiment was formed arround Hesse and Thuringia, to wich the other Crest, next to the german eagel would fit, as it shows the crest of Mainz, which is also Part of some of Thuringia´s citys crests, as the Diocese Mainz owned Land in Thuriniga in Medival times.

To be exact, its the Crest of the City Erfurt, where also the Regimental staff was recruited 1937. So i would say its very likely it was made for this Unit.
    Also interesting to note is that every Part of the Unit was simply deleted in 1943 with the reason: Stalingrad.
    German pilsner glass

?

Wow thank you for taking the time to research this glass. I was wondering why they had the ships wheel . Gary

No Problem, researching is fun in this hobby! But its not a ships wheel, its rather a Medival wagon wheel... although i have to admit it also looks like a steering wheel.
    And i have to say, the Glass is a beautiful piece in perfect condition, great Item!

?

Just for future reference, certain German script types often replace the capital letter "I" with a "J". So you will often see infantry regiments and divisions abbreviated with J.R. rather than I.R.