Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help SS Honor Ring

Article about: At a Vet's Estate sale, along with other WW2 German Memorabilia, I noticed this ring. From looking at different threads on the forum, it appears to be a SS Honor Ring. It is very similar to

?

Default Help SS Honor Ring

At a Vet's Estate sale, along with other WW2 German Memorabilia, I noticed this ring. From looking at different threads on the forum, it appears to be a SS Honor Ring. It is very similar to another post in 04-14-2012 (SS Honour Ring: I just got is it real or fake). It also has similar inscription Schultz etc.
    I was hoping that I can get some information as to it's authenticity, translations , meaning, and any other thoughts and opinions.

Help SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor Ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help SS Honor Ring
    P
    Many

I don't like the detail or lack there of. The inscription is way off in style and quality. And i believe the skull should not be a integral part of the body of the ring, but rather a separate piece affixed after the ring was formed inscribed and fitted. There will be more experienced voices chiming in here as well but hold your money til then. Best regards.

Brian

Sorry I didn't read your description. If there is another ring with the same Schultz attribute and same date there's no way it's real, in addition to the reasons I already stated; unless there were two people with the same exact name given the honor ring on the same exact day which I would think is impossible? These were reserved for special occasions and distributed out on certain special dates to important individual's within the SS . If you look through previous honor ring threads Ned has contributed to, he gives a very accurate account of said dates and a ring bearing anything other than those listed is fake. Not good in any event. Sorry.

Brian

?

My view is thus.. If original how could fakes be made to replicate the same ring ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

100% fake.

Help SS Honor RingHelp SS Honor Ring

Sold through Wittman Militaria a shade under $4k usd.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help SS Honor Ring   Help SS Honor Ring  

Help SS Honor Ring   Help SS Honor Ring  

?

The other Schultz ring on the Forum in 2012, the date was 21-6-44. Who is Schultz!? I have only seen these rings with "Schultz " Does anyone have one of these rings with a name other than Schultz?
    Schultz is not a manufacturer ?

?

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    The other Schultz ring on the Forum in 2012, the date was 21-6-44. Who is Schultz!? I have only seen these rings with "Schultz " Does anyone have one of these rings with a name other than Schultz?
    Schultz is not a manufacturer ?
    No kidding,
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The name on the real ring is Scholz. Which Wittman's description lists as a common surname and adds this would make it difficult to research it's history. So imagine if the name were indeed Schultz how common would that name be? Therefore the reason to add it on the ring inscription, to any one not well versed on these rings (NOT that I am) they would assume why wouldn't it be real? A common name no one would second guess, a forgers one and only goal, to fool money out of the unwary. Best regards.

Brian

?

Makes sense ! Thanks for the help. Saved again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast