Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hiltlers fork is aging nice,

Article about: These are gold,not really, made from 800 silver but worth their weight in gold.Had this many years,never cleaned it,its starting to get a nice patina.Bought this from vets son 30 plus years

Default Hiltlers fork is aging nice,

These are gold,not really, made from 800 silver but worth their weight in gold.Had this many years,never cleaned it,its starting to get a nice patina.Bought this from vets son 30 plus years ago.Formal tableware fork grabbed and broughtback.Good historical item.Havent eaten with it yet though,ha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hiltlers fork is aging nice,   Hiltlers fork is aging nice,  

Hiltlers fork is aging nice,   Hiltlers fork is aging nice,  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hiltlers fork is aging nice,
    P
    Many

Exactly as you say TC ... the patina is excellent...it really jumps out vaulting the Falcon or Hawk or whatever kind of bird the German Artists used.

Anyway of getting an Identification on the Silver hallmarking?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This fork was made by Bruckman,as most were, by the proof marks on the back of fork.A lot of these you see out there for sale are fakes,cast from originals.I would not buy one from an internet dealer myself.You need to see the crisp"Greek key" border around the perimeter as seen on originals for a starter.These AH pieces are a minefield.There are some good ones out there for sale but for sure do your homework.Look for casting flaws and also history, where it came from.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hiltlers fork is aging nice,   Hiltlers fork is aging nice,  

Hiltlers fork is aging nice,  

Hitler or his cronies probably ate with this fork, as it shows wear,I think it adds something versus a mint never used example that sat in a drawer through the war,but they are all good if you can find one.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Hitler or his cronies probably ate with this fork, as it shows wear,I think it adds something versus a mint never used example that sat in a drawer through the war,but they are all good if you can find one.
    Exactly ...wear and usage shows ownership as I personally prefer edged weapon types to have that same quality. Just a little wear which adds a ton more character and history than a Mint untouched example. To each their own in collecting

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ageing better than 'Der Fuhrer' that's for sure ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "