Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe

Article about: Well, it took me a long time to pull the trigger on this one - it is an extremely rare piece of porcelain. It only measures a paultry 7 or 8 inches in diameter BUT.....it is in mint conditio

Default The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe

Well, it took me a long time to pull the trigger on this one - it is an extremely rare piece of porcelain.

It only measures a paultry 7 or 8 inches in diameter BUT.....it is in mint condition with the lid, and was presented to high ranking officials at the Nurnberg 1936 rally only.

You could not buy this at the time. I have heard that Himmler himself presented them - but that doesn't matter - It is the one piece I am keeping for myself - I have "never" seen another - and I doubt many people have. Simple art - yet stunning in its presentation - Sadly no box - but hey - for the price I paid I would have expected it to have a gold ribbon

Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe   The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe  

The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe   The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe  

The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe   The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe
    P
    Many

Glad you eventually got it. Is it the new 'Brandon Gravy Boat'?

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Glad you eventually got it. Is it the new 'Brandon Gravy Boat'?
    Ha Ha .... no slowly getting around to taking pictures for the next update on Thursday, funny enough I was just going to send you the bill

Very nice John and yes, very rare to find with the lid intact. I'm also lucky to have one in my collection and they make a nice candy dish with black and red M&Ms in them. =)
    Attached Images Attached Images The Holy Grail of Allach - maybe 

On a side note, these bowls were given in very nice elaborate presentation cases done in black.

Hmm...now me, I thought it was a special Allach piece to be presented especially to citizens from Hamburg.....otherwise known as....Hamburgers....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

For anyone interested there is a very nice rally bowl and lid for sale on the "Third Reich Arts" site.

A shame it's missing it's box...
    William

I only know of one example that had the presentation box and it went for big money.

To you?
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast