Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign

Article about: Good evening fellow collectors, The other day I was bidding on a very nice original Horst Wessel bronze bust - sadly I got outbid! However, I have seen this HW street sign for sale - it has

Anything Horst Wessel is hard to find. Here is my large plaque done in Bronze that was removed from a building.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign
    P
    Many

Quote by Erich S View Post
    Anything Horst Wessel is hard to find. Here is my large plaque done in Bronze that was removed from a building.
    Yes I know - here are the pictures of the bronze HW bust. Sold for around £1200!

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign   Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign  

Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign   Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign  

Horst Wessel Way Blue Enamel Street Sign  

Well, Proverdi GmbH does not have such design (look at the holes, they are totally different). Actually it is very hard to find a producer of old fashion enamel signs and it is not a cheap work at all. I'm not going to say this sign is 100% original but it is very well made, technology and also material is correct.

?

This sign did get me curious as I've never seen one ending in Weg. I have located one Horst Wessel Weg in the town of Berchtesgaden on a period map. I could certainly see the style of lettering used in that town but It's the edges of the holes that have me in two minds.

I saw this for sale on ebay earlier this year, I was going to have a punt on it myself, it sold for nearly £40 if I remember correctly

Sorry just checked, it was Dec 2014, the ebay seller was spanmil

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2