Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

How to clean my silver plated busts?

Article about: Good day forum, I have this German Soldier's bust silver plated on a marble footpiece. It has losts its silver shine and I would like to restore it to former glory. The silver polish looks a

?

Default How to clean my silver plated busts?

Good day forum,

I have this German Soldier's bust silver plated on a marble footpiece. It has losts its silver shine and I would like to restore it to former glory.
    The silver polish looks almost blue at this point.

How to clean my silver plated busts?How to clean my silver plated busts?How to clean my silver plated busts?How to clean my silver plated busts?

Does anyone have any tips for me? I shine my silver coins with toothpaste. I have some heavy duty silver cleaner at home but I am afraid the aggressive chemicals might damage the statue.

Looking forward to reading any helpful tips.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to clean my silver plated busts?
    P
    Many

?

I would leave it alone , it looks great the way it is , shows its age well and makes for an nice addition in a collection,
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

If I were you I'd try to find something else around the house to clean. I would leave this alone, it looks great.

Personally, I'd leave it alone too! I love the way silver oxidizes.

?

I decided to just give it a polish. Result below.

How to clean my silver plated busts?

Thank you all for taking a look. Have a great weekend.

You should tread with care. Silver plating is VERY thinly applied to the base metal, and given the age of this piece and the cleaning it will have endured in the past, you run a very real risk of wearing away the plating and exposing the base metal. Listen to good advice and leave it alone.

Cheers,
    Steve