Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Large Stone Eagle - original?

Article about: Hi Everyone - first of all, sorry for bad quality pics, for now, I only have these seller's pics. My question; could this large sized (60 cm wide x 75 cm tall incl. stand - weight is around

?

Default Large Stone Eagle - original?

Hi Everyone - first of all, sorry for bad quality pics, for now, I only have these seller's pics.
    My question; could this large sized (60 cm wide x 75 cm tall incl. stand - weight is around 50 kg) stone(?) eagle be original WW2 item or postwar copy? It does look nicely detailed, not plaster, not molding.

Cheers,
    Fabe

Large Stone Eagle - original?Large Stone Eagle - original?
    Large Stone Eagle - original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large Stone Eagle - original?
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Fabe , try to get some good straight on pics front and back to show detail . That is one big heavy bird for sure with great looking head . Looks like metal to me that has been freshly sand blasted and they missed a few spots . Did the seller not specify stone metal etc ?

I would place it above my fridge.
    From there it would judge me with its stern gaze, whenever i go pick snacks in middle of night.

Water blasted, or cleaned. Left wing tip is black in first photo, in others its cleaned white.

Nice looking eagle. If it’s not a Period piece, maybe you can get it for a good price. Would still make a nice display.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'll try to get more pics. In the seller's description it is "carved stone" - but maybe he has no clue. The price is around 350 EU.

raz
    ?

Hmmm , that is very cheap for a carved stone statue of that size (29-1/2" tall X 23-1/2" wide and 110 pounds ) ....Even if it's post war . 1st one I have seen . Would look great on the front porch don't you think ?

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'll try to get more pics. In the seller's description it is "carved stone" - but maybe he has no clue. The price is around 350 EU.
    Hi Fabe...when you get more photos..tell the seller minus using his fingers in the photos...we dont have restrictions here
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Was writing with the seller today - he promised me more photos during the xmas break (the bust is located in his weekend house) - he wrote: "I don't know if it's wartime made or not - if I knew it for sure, the price would be 10x more."
    Even if it's post war - it does look very impressive - I do like it, would be a great deco piece. (Even though I live in a flat - no garden, front porch, etc.
    If I end up getting it, I'll keep the thread updated.

?

Btw., there was another 2 pics I forget to post:

?

As said it would make a great display in any III Reich collection period or not and at that price.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"