Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help identifying an unknown award/medal!

Article about: Hi all, As seems to be the case lately, I've been offered a group of WWII German items. Most are easy to identify, medals, helmets, armbands, etc but one of them is not. Below are the two ph

Default Need help identifying an unknown award/medal!

Hi all,

As seems to be the case lately, I've been offered a group of WWII German items. Most are easy to identify, medals, helmets, armbands, etc but one of them is not. Below are the two photos I have. The seller is liquidating the estate of a recently deceased uncle. The medal in question came in a plastic envelope with the card of a military antique dealer, with a hand written note saying "Adolf Hitler = $2500" unfortunately the dealer is no longer in business for clarification. The eagle looks similar to an SA style eagle?

Searching for the motto "der deutschen zwietracht mitten ins herz" has turned up coins, but nothing with these exact markings. Seller states it is very heavy. I see what I think are sterling silver stamps. I don't have exact size yet, but appears to be about 3.5 - 4 inches in length. I've asked for more photos and will add them when I can. It appears to have two attachment points at the top for a chain? A custom made piece perhaps? Or just a fantasy item cooked up post war? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying an unknown award/medal!   Need help identifying an unknown award/medal!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying an unknown award/medal!
    P
    Many

Not an official award, moved to another section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very unusual, never seen one before. Even the motto is a little strange. Translated into English, it reads, "The seeds of German discord in the middle of one's heart". Like yourself, I have only been able to find coins on the web. I wonder if somebody had it made for themselves by a jeweller?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Not an official award, moved to another section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph, thanks for moving this to where it belongs. I wasn't sure where to post it.

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    Very unusual, never seen one before. Even the motto is a little strange. Translated into English, it reads, "The seeds of German discord in the middle of one's heart". Like yourself, I have only been able to find coins on the web. I wonder if somebody had it made for themselves by a jeweller?
    Cyclist64, That's what I'm leaning towards as well, a custom bit of flare someone had done up. I'm going to get more photos and hopefully a total weight from the seller for whatever good that will do. Certainly an oddity, and possibly one of a kind? Depending on the price, I may end up with it. Not in a hurry to spend the $2,500 marked on the card though... -Sam

You need to determine if the stamps are appropriate for the period.
    I would be hard pressed to spend that, even if it were made from gold.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    You need to determine if the stamps are appropriate for the period.
    I would be hard pressed to spend that, even if it were made from gold.
    Ralph.
    Haha, Agreed. That's the kind of money I reserve only for clearly identified daggers.

I've asked for clearer photos of the marks. We'll see what I can dig up. Any suggestions on resources for researching stamps? Thanks!

-Sam

Quote by PNWcollector View Post
    Any suggestions on resources for researching stamps? Thanks!

-Sam
    Sorry, no I don't, but someone here may.
    Ralph.

If that card indicating $2,500 was a dealer valuation, I'm not surprised he is no longer in business.

This site, in German, should help you to identify the markings. I can't make them out from your pictures, as they will not expand sufficiently.

Mit Reichskrone, Sonne und Halbmond – das deutsche Stempelgesetz von 1884 | GoldSilberShop.de

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feingehaltstempel
    Last edited by thecyclist64; 12-31-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: add

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast