Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NEVER Saw an Eagle Like This??? Bronze Heer Wall Eagle? Help Identify? Appears very old!

Article about: I recently came across this eagle from a potential seller. Seller claims to be a long-time collector. I notice the eagle clearly has a patina on it. A patina that clearly shows it has been a

?

Default NEVER Saw an Eagle Like This??? Bronze Heer Wall Eagle? Help Identify? Appears very old!

I recently came across this eagle from a potential seller. Seller claims to be a long-time collector.

I notice the eagle clearly has a patina on it. A patina that clearly shows it has been around for quite awhile. There is no way this was recently made.

Notice that it is not made for a desk, as it has no base. Instead, it has two mounting holes on the rear that are spaced far apart and aligned vertically down the middle.

This must have been mounted on something?

There are no written markings on the eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEVER Saw an Eagle Like This??? Bronze Heer Wall Eagle? Help Identify? Appears very old!   NEVER Saw an Eagle Like This??? Bronze Heer Wall Eagle? Help Identify? Appears very old!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEVER Saw an Eagle Like This??? Bronze Heer Wall Eagle? Help Identify? Appears very old!
    P
    Many

While it may not have been made recently, a lot of fakes and reproductions are starting to get to the age where they have a convincing level of wear and patina. Something looking old is not always a guarantee of authenticity. Something to keep in mind.

That said, it's a Wehrmacht/Heer-style eagle. Depending on the size, it could be a decorative piece from the front cover of a photo album.

Regards, B.B.

?

I forgot to mention,

The dimensions are 16 cm x 9 cm. Not for a photo album.

Maybe a door marker for an official building? Hard to say. I'm sure someone here knows what it is.

B.B.

It looks well made and could be a one-off decorative piece. Some close up photos might be helpful.
    Are there no markings at all on the edges or the reverse?

Mil