Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Desk eagle

Article about: Hi yall! Got a little early krampus present for myself in the mail today. A stunning little desk top eagle. The wooden post is post war and im gonna transfer it into a small marble base i go

Default New Desk eagle

Hi yall! Got a little early krampus present for myself in the mail today. A stunning little desk top eagle. The wooden post is post war and im gonna transfer it into a small marble base i got. Any tips on how to transfer? Its top heavy and glued into the wood post and very fragile it can break off if not handled correctly.’
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Desk eagle   New Desk eagle  

New Desk eagle   New Desk eagle  

New Desk eagle   New Desk eagle  

New Desk eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Desk eagle
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Nice bird Congratulations . Why not leave it on the wood base ( I like it ) and add the marble to the bottom for stability ? If not I would cut it off a couple inches down to see if it has a threaded stud . If not cut it off as close as possible and sand the remaining wood off . Hope this helps .

Dennis

Default Desk eagle help

So i recently bout a desk eagle. It was installed on a post war base i was hoping would have the bottom rod but in stead just had two holes. I was gonna transfer into a marble base.Is this unusual for a desk eagle or common?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Desk eagle   New Desk eagle  

New Desk eagle  

I am not able to comment on the eagle for being period correct or not. Epoxy a threaded rod in the base and drill into the marble base. You will need to countersink the bolt head so you will need a core drill bit and a bit to go through. You could also epoxy it to the marble base as it is. I have no idea what the correct size of marble base for a desk eagle though. Marble is soft and cuts well. Any good tile saw with a smooth rim diamond blade will do the job. Segmented blade will not leave a smooth edge. Easy to bevel edges as well. Diamond flat wheel on a grinder. If you do not have all that take if to a solid surface countertop maker and they should be able to do what you need for $100
    John

Well i emailed the dude and hes one of the best know dealers who pretty much everyone here would recomend so trust him that its period. I was just hoping it had that damn rod on the bottom lol. But thanks for the tip man. I got a plastic marble looking base from a trophy shop but since no rod and i gotta work with it ill get a real marble base thats used for trophies.

raz
    ?

Looks to be missing its pedestal . Here is mine to compare .

New Desk eagle

Hey thanks dude it is pretty sweet and I always wanted one lol well i thought about leaving it on but the eagle id already loosely on. And i the wood is a good 8 inch tall and thin so with the heavy eagle on top it too heavy and could easily fall over. I actually managed to get it off but it doesnt have the threaded rod it has two holes in the bottom and there were two dowels from the wood stand going into the bird. I thought oh boy we got duped so i emailed the dude and he says hes seen them like this before and i trust him hes one if the too dealers everyone here reccomends so i think im gonna find a threaded rod that will fit and stick it into one of the holes and then into the marble base.

On yours is eagle separate from the pedestal? Can you remove it and theres a little threaded rod that goes into the pedestal or is it all one piece?

raz
    ?

It is all one piece . Look at the bottom of yours and you can see the very top of the pedestal still there .

I would go to a local stone mason and ask him/her to cut and polish a nice base for you. Don’t start interfering with the eagle at all. You will devalue it and quite possibly spoil some of the finish. I would slot the eagle into wooden dowels, which I would secure into the base. Sketch out what you want and get the stone mason to make it for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast