Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

New Stein to the collection thanks to Towfym.

Article about: I would like to thank Towfym, Radu (a fellow forum member) for taking the time in sending me this stein. Literally posted in Bucharest two days ago and arrived at my address in England, this

Default New Stein to the collection thanks to Towfym.

I would like to thank Towfym, Radu (a fellow forum member) for taking the time in sending me this stein. Literally posted in Bucharest two days ago and arrived at my address in England, this morning.

(Thanks to willmore, for the following information from the original thread)

The script says Remembrance of my time of service, Friedrich Tiefel 1938. He was a member of 4./Kompanie Panzer Abwehr Abteilung 17 (Anti Tank unit) based in Fürth.

Panzer Abwehr Abteilung 17 -
    Established on October 1, 1934 as the Würzburg Motor Vehicle Department and renamed the Panzer Abwehr Abteilung 17 on October 15, 1935. The department was stationed in Fürth. During the mobilization in August 1939, the 2./MGK 47 was temporarily assigned as the 4th company. Renamed Panzerjäger-abteilung 17 on April 1, 1940 . On November 18, 1940, the 2nd company was handed over to the Panzerjäger Detachment 99 and replaced. In 1943 an anti-aircraft company was added. In addition, in 1943 the department's staff was reorganized into the staff of the heavy army tank destroyer division A. The 2nd company was also designated Assault Gun Division 1017 in 1944. The department was destroyed in the Vistula bend in January 1945.
    Divisioonseinheiten der 17

Panzerkaserne – FurthWiki

I can't say for sure if this is the original owner, but I did have a search for Friedrich Tiefel and found the below information.

Name: Friedrich Tiefel
    Date of birth: 30.08.1912
    Place of birth: Fürth
    Death/missing date: 12.06.1944
    Death/missing place: Narwa
    Service rank: Obergefreiter

Friedrich Tiefel is buried in the military cemetery in Narva, Latvia.
    Endgrablage: Block 3 Reihe 27 Grab 550
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Stein to the collection thanks to Towfym.   New Stein to the collection thanks to Towfym.  

New Stein to the collection thanks to Towfym.   New Stein to the collection thanks to Towfym.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Stein to the collection thanks to Towfym.
    P
    Many

I have no idea why my photos keep being oriented this way. Could someone let me now how to amend this please. It’s rather annoying.

Thankyou for amending, much appreciated Tabs

Hello friend. I always edit my photos on my computer before uploading them, so I check that what you say does not happen.
    Please, wait a bit until an expert can tell you the solution to the problem.

Regards
    Santi

BTW Really nice stein

Thanks Santi. I think I have to crop the images first as this seemed to solve the issue.

?

My pleasure, Andrew! I'm glad to see it going to an enthusiast collector and getting the attention it deserves.

All the best,
    Radu