Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Presentation Goblet?

Article about: What do you guys think? 3rd Reich or 4th Reich? Have not seen this one yet in my collecting travels Rossi

?

Default NSDAP Presentation Goblet?

What do you guys think? 3rd Reich or 4th Reich? Period made or fantasy? I love pieces like this but they are tough to authenticate and be 100% sure on. Would be a nice statement piece in my collection but again what do we have here? Purpose and use of this piece? Have not seen this one yet in my collecting travels. This one measures 8 1/4" tall. Adler is well done, deep etched, filled gold and i like the gold rim and base. Closest piece I have seen remotely close to this was the piece MAP posted awhile back. His was blue with a frosted Adler etched into the glass in this thread: German Glass Gobblet

Personally it looks good but I don’t have it in hand yet. I have 5-7 day inspection period. Do like the quality look of it but was looking for other advice and opinions from my brothers and peers to get thoughts. May be worth the chance and maybe not. Trying to verify if there is any maker mark in bottom of the glass from seller.

Rossi

Last edited by Rossi; 10-09-2021 at 01:22 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Presentation Goblet?
    P
    Many

No clue if it's the real deal but it is a really neat piece.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    No clue if it's the real deal but it is a really neat piece.
    Like it too but an unknown for me if it is Reich Era or a post WWII creation. It is a beautiful piece.

MAP
    ?

Kirk,

I have one that is very different, but in some ways similar. It is a leaded hand blown crystal goblet. It is very thick and robust and Germanic looking unlike yours which is fine and and more fancy. But mine does have a similar etched eagle.

Bought from my childhood friend who got it at a vets yard sale many year ago. I have never seen another but based on where /how my friend got it, I'm comfortable with it. But will we ever really know?

It's posted here on the forum but can't find it from my phone as I'm away for the weekend.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Kirk,

I have one that is very different, but in some ways similar. It is a leaded hand blown crystal goblet. It is very thick and robust and Germanic looking unlike yours which is fine and and more fancy. But mine does have a similar etched eagle.

Bought from my childhood friend who got it at a vets yard sale many year ago. I have never seen another but based on where /how my friend got it, I'm comfortable with it. But will we ever really know?

It's posted here on the forum but can't find it from my phone as I'm away for the weekend.
    Hey MAP… in my initial post I did post your blue goblet thread. The link to yours is in my post. So what do you think? I am 75% in and 25% out.

?

Kirk - not my area. But I sure would drink a Paulaner Salvator or EKU28 from it

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Kirk - not my area. But I sure would drink a Paulaner Salvator or EKU28 from it
    Too funny. Yes. I am very intrigued by this piece. Trying to get an idea of the quality from pictures is hard. I have sent the seller a list of questions about it. Hoping Horst and others might have some opinions on it. It is one of those items in a collection with good lighting under glass or on a shelf would be pretty amazing. It is also one of those items that is hard to put a value or price tag on as you can’t say it is a fake and also can’t know if it is authentic either. Mystery is good I guess too. I have a goring diner car fork and some Schloss Klessheim silverware and napkin that this might look pretty good with.

What I really like about this piece is the dimpled facets. You can see how the gold rim top and bottom pulls the light from the gold into the indents with the light.

?

Feeling much better about this one. Found a picture of the Chalice / Goblet in use by these Luftwaffe men in period photo. It also must be the Holy Grail as it was also in a famous movie too. Enjoy! Rossi

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Presentation Goblet?  
    Last edited by Rossi; 10-09-2021 at 08:22 AM.

MAP
    ?

Doh....missed my link. A Homer moment!

Honestly....I have no idea. My gut is saying to tread carefully. Nothing scientific but it just looks a bit too fancy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Doh....missed my link. A Homer moment!

Honestly....I have no idea. My gut is saying to tread carefully. Nothing scientific but it just looks a bit too fancy.
    Agree, but Nazi Germans were fancy with the regalia, gifts, pomp & circumstance. Over the top. I look at their dress daggers and how much bluster they held and this piece is not out of the realm of being a possibility. Much like yours I know the source selling is a reputable friend. Still doing my due diligence.

The one thing that makes me comfortable is try to find another one? If they were faked in masses you would see this piece everywhere is my guess. Appreciate your feedback brother. Doing some more digging this weekend. Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast