Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake LSSAH items?

Article about: Here are two items that I came across on a sellers page. Just wondering what you guys think.

Default Real or fake LSSAH items?

Here are two items that I came across on a sellers page. Just wondering what you guys think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or  fake LSSAH items?   Real or  fake LSSAH items?  

Real or  fake LSSAH items?   Real or  fake LSSAH items?  

Real or  fake LSSAH items?   Real or  fake LSSAH items?  

Real or  fake LSSAH items?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or  fake LSSAH items?
    P
    Many

I will only say that any of the high visibility, high reputation and high profile units such as this one I would be very skeptical and cautious..

One of the reasons I avoid SS items in general.. (Although I have a few that were veteran acquired bring backs)..

What is the provenance/what seller is offering these?

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    I will only say that any of the high visibility, high reputation and high profile units such as this one I would be very skeptical and cautious..

One of the reasons I avoid SS items in general.. (Although I have a few that were veteran acquired bring backs)..

What is the provenance/what seller is offering these?

Smitty
    I agree with Rakkasan187 on this one.

It is a military antique shop.

Quote by Brooklyn379 View Post
    It is a military antique shop.
    you have to be careful, even in places like that. I have bought stuff from people who they themselves think it's genuine and sell it as such, but to the hard core collector who doesn't just have book knowledge, but experience, they can spot it. Look how many people can examine the best of decals on this forum and tell right away it's a fake. I'll bet I've commented on a half dozen on here that fooled me and I asked "How the Hell did you spot it was a fake!?" And one answer I got for instance talked about using a "USB Macro-scope to tell". I have a field cap I bought from an antique military store I had been going to for 15 years and dad had been going to since the 60's. The cap was made post war with leftover materials and a good original hat badge and eagle were put on it. No one knew for years until I had it looked at. my long rambling story short, even the best let one get by sometimes. These watches come up everywhere and mostly from the same places all the soviet cold war military pocket watches do, I've never seen a good one. I'd say if you really like it (and it is really cool, I collect pocket watches too), try to find someone well versed in that specific item and see what opinion they have.
    Last edited by SimonSorenKam; 11-06-2020 at 06:51 PM.

I don’t collect in this area, but I’d say with 100% confidence these are fake items. They look like the typical Eastern European items that are seen on eBay and on unscrupulous dealer sites.

allreaders.net
    allreaders.net

Quote by Willmore View Post
    I don’t collect in this area, but I’d say with 100% confidence these are fake items. They look like the typical Eastern European items that are seen on eBay and on unscrupulous dealer sites.

allreaders.net
    allreaders.net
    Here is a thread about this kind of watch.

Waffen SS pocket watch???

Here is a thread about this kind of watch.

Waffen SS pocket watch???
    That's a good link.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would stay far away.

Wise words from Willmore - steer clear of this,
    nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast