Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?

Article about: THIS ONE IM NOT QUITE SURE ANY THOUGHTS ON ITS AUTHENTICITY? Need Help.

Default Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?

THIS ONE IM NOT QUITE SURE ANY THOUGHTS ON ITS AUTHENTICITY? Need Help. What's your opinion on both? Real or fake? The Gold Eagle is 8k and the other is 6k. Is it worth it?

Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?
    Last edited by MarkoJ012; 05-05-2024 at 03:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichbahn eagle? Is it real or fake?
    P
    Many

Someone made a comment on the other one about threads "being damaged in the mold"

While I know nothing about these eagles, I DO know about die casting - and in its simplest form, the threads would have been a post casting operation - the posts are tapered to allow part extraction from the mold and lead-in for the threading dies. The damaged post I believe is from the thread itself being stripped while attempting to die cut it - and so, these could well be souveniered from a factory bin, NOT off rolling stock!

( The Al-mg-Si denotes a 600 series magnesium/silicon alloy suitable for heat treating )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

So Does that mean its period correct or fake?

Quote by MarkoJ012 View Post
    So Does that mean its period correct or fake?
    As I said, I'm no expert but for 6k I would certainly hope its legit!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

This would be considered an "unfinished" version where the mounting studs have not been machined/threaded. The repros are getting better and I would like to see better quality closeup shots of the front side finish and some pics of the edges of the wings/head. And regards to being worth it, no way in hell. 6K for an unfinished PSLOK600? 4 years ago I was able to pick this up for $1750 if we're talking USD.

raz
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Someone made a comment on the other one about threads "being damaged in the mold"

While I know nothing about these eagles, I DO know about die casting - and in its simplest form, the threads would have been a post casting operation - the posts are tapered to allow part extraction from the mold and lead-in for the threading dies. The damaged post I believe is from the thread itself being stripped while attempting to die cut it - and so, these could well be souveniered from a factory bin, NOT off rolling stock!

( The Al-mg-Si denotes a 600 series magnesium/silicon alloy suitable for heat treating )
    My reasoning was if they used a period threaded eagle to make the mold which I think they did the threads would not come out right so scar it up to fool ...