Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug

Article about: What you think about it ? Original ?

Default Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug

What you think about it ? Original ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug   Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

Looking at the lettering just above the eagle has something been removed (perhaps another word) between the 'b' and 'e' as the glaze looks lighter in this area under magnification as if over cleaned. Could be due to the flash so perhaps better photos in natural light may help. Also are there other known examples of this Krug in this format?

The flash has nothing to do with it. Indeed, a brighter white color is visible under the inscription

?

Odd, Perhaps a helmet guy can weigh in on the authenticity of what appears to be a decal for a R.A.D. issued helmet
    I gather if we can determine a year when helmets were officially used it could in judging originality, but it is strange that the decal probably would have to had to been applied after the heat process of the lettering on the stein. JMO
    Photo credit: helmet2id
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by mpw View Post
    Looking at the lettering just above the eagle has something been removed (perhaps another word) between the 'b' and 'e' as the glaze looks lighter in this area under magnification as if over cleaned. Could be due to the flash so perhaps better photos in natural light may help. Also are there other known examples of this Krug in this format?
    I have never seen another example like this before..

Here is 1942 type of helm. My krug is 1937. Subject to the originality of the helmet and the mug, it means there must be other items with this type of emblem

?

Quote by samland View Post
    Here is 1942 type of helm. My krug is 1937. Subject to the originality of the helmet and the mug, it means there must be other items with this type of emblem
    Not necessarily, where / what country is this being offered, I am a bit skeptical about the steins origins and authenticity, the R.A.D. were very proud of the Abt. in which they served, I would expect to see a location, Abt. number and perhaps name of the owner. In 1937 the war had not started, so why a war time duty decal on a earlier dated piece ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug   Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug  

Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug   Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug  

Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug  
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichsarbeitsdienst bier krug 

"so why a war time duty decal on a earlier dated piece ?"

Interesting remark !

?

Quote by samland View Post
    "so why a war time duty decal on a earlier dated piece ?"

Interesting remark !
    Unknown, but this happens when fakers assemble pieces without knowledge of units, locations and dates, it is not unheard of to even have mis-spellings / improper German dialect on some items.

Your remark is interesting, but not convincing nonetheless. Why do you think this is a wartime emblem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast