Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?

Article about: About 30 years ago I obtained this Reichskriegflagge from a man who said he took it from a U-Boot in Kiel. You will noticed in the photos where he cut off the flag on the bottom loop that is

MJL
    ?

Default ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?

About 30 years ago I obtained this Reichskriegflagge from a man who said he took it from a U-Boot in Kiel. You will noticed in the photos where he cut off the flag on the bottom loop that is now missing. I used the flag in my teaching over the years but had to store it away many years ago to make room for other things. I recently uncovered this item as well as its smaller brother (that I will post about seperatly) and have some questions. The flag appears to made from wool. It smells musty and smells like old wool. The upper and lower edges of the flag are finished but somewhat roughly and unevenly. The entire flag appears to have been printed on one piece of fabric with no attempt to finish the upper or bottom edges. The outer verticle edge of the flag has the customary wind reinforcements. The inner verticle edge has the piece of rope sewn into it and is marked. There is some minor staining and a few minor moth holes. So here are my questions:

1. Does this flag appear authentic?
    2. Can any assumptions be made about the approximate year the flag was made? Does the rougher horizontal edges indicate a later war flag?
    3. Is this flag about the size as would have been flown off a U-Boot? Or is that story just that a story?
    4. Assuming this flag is authentic what is a ballpark figure of value of this piece? Yes, I am considering putting it up for sale but I truly am clueless about the value of something like this. If it ends up for sale I am considering using this site for that end.

Below I will include photos to assist those in assisting me. Thanks for all advice you can give me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?   ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?  

ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?   ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?  

ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?   ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?  

ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: ReichsKriegsflagge Authentic? Values?

Hi MJL

The answer to your first question is yes, I have no idea in wich year this flag was made, the answer to your third question is also yes and the answer to your final question is around 400 US dollar...

Hope this helps

Greetz

Nick VR

MJL
    ?

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the input on this flag and the other one in the adjacent post. Assuming that I end up deciding to dispose of this piece from my collection where is the recommended place for that? I like the auction format. Is the auction on this site as good a place as any? As well, is there a compelling reason I ought to hold onto this flag or the other one? Is one more worthy than the other of being in a collection? Again, many thanks!

?

Yes, place the flag into auction here and 400 USD is guaranteed money you'll get here
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi, and welcome to the forum by the way

These are the official flag sizes taken from the KM Flaggenbuch:

Size#, Measurement, ship tonnage, ship type (The info in brackets is not in KMF book but will help you)

12, 450x750cm, over 10K, Battleship (Bismarck 50K)
    11, 400x670cm, over 10K tons, B-Cruiser (Prinz Eugen 14K)
    10, 300x500cm, 1500 to 10K tons, Cruiser (Leipzig 8.4K tons)
    8, 200x335cm, 1500 to 10K tons, Destroyer 3K & Cruiser 8K
    7, 150x250cm, 500 to 1500 tons, (Note: the U-Boat flag pole is too short)
    6, 100x170cm, 500 to 1500 tons, DE-Torpedo Boat 900 tons
    5, 80x135cm, up to 500 tons, U-Boats and E-Boats, tugs
    3, 50x85cm, up to 500 tons, U-Boats 900, E-Boats 120t

I would agree with the other members comments. I am sure your flag or flags will sell with ease here. Smaller flags are always the most popular sizes with buyers as they display easier.

Cheers, Ade.

ludodu26
    ?

Quote by MJL View Post
    About 30 years ago I obtained this Reichskriegflagge from a man who said he took it from a U-Boot in Kiel. You will noticed in the photos where he cut off the flag on the bottom loop that is now missing. I used the flag in my teaching over the years but had to store it away many years ago to make room for other things. I recently uncovered this item as well as its smaller brother (that I will post about seperatly) and have some questions. The flag appears to made from wool. It smells musty and smells like old wool. The upper and lower edges of the flag are finished but somewhat roughly and unevenly. The entire flag appears to have been printed on one piece of fabric with no attempt to finish the upper or bottom edges. The outer verticle edge of the flag has the customary wind reinforcements. The inner verticle edge has the piece of rope sewn into it and is marked. There is some minor staining and a few minor moth holes. So here are my questions:

1. Does this flag appear authentic?
    2. Can any assumptions be made about the approximate year the flag was made? Does the rougher horizontal edges indicate a later war flag?
    3. Is this flag about the size as would have been flown off a U-Boot? Or is that story just that a story?
    4. Assuming this flag is authentic what is a ballpark figure of value of this piece? Yes, I am considering putting it up for sale but I truly am clueless about the value of something like this. If it ends up for sale I am considering using this site for that end.

Below I will include photos to assist those in assisting me. Thanks for all advice you can give me.
    hello MJL !! i'm a french boy and i would like to know if you always have this flag? if it's the case i would like to buy it

ludodu26
    ?

hello MJL !! i'm a french boy and i would like to know if you always have this flag? if it's the case i would like to buy it

MJL
    ?

Sorry for the late reply. The flag is currently back in storage until I complete graduate school. I just cannot handle dealing with selling this with all the risks and troubles that entails as well as dealing with profs at the same time. Perhaps some time in the future this will be placed on sale. I have another question. What are the laws regarding the sale of Nazi related regalia into the EU. I was under the impression this would not be permitted. Please educate me.

Selling to countries within the EU would not be a problem.

Cheers, Ade.

Aaminah
    ?

sorry my english is not so good.
    therefore I would like to ask whether these flag from the WW2 is
    so original?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast