Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rudolf Kampf Porcelain - Post war copy?

Article about: Hi all, I’ve found a piece of porcelain by Rudolf Kampf I’m interested in. When looking to compare the makers mark with other examples online I’m unsure whether the piece is legit. Is

Default Rudolf Kampf Porcelain - Post war copy?

Hi all,

I’ve found a piece of porcelain by Rudolf Kampf I’m interested in.
    When looking to compare the makers mark with other examples online I’m unsure whether the piece is legit. Is anyone familiar with this maker, or know if his porcelain has been reproduced post war?
    I’m not sure if makers marks on porcelain can vary in quality due to the nature of the manufacturing process / individual responsible for making the piece, or if this is a blatant fake.

The first photo is of the piece I’m interested in, the other two are of other examples I have found online. It just seems that the quality of the makers mark isn’t very good on the piece I’m looking to buy and the lettering isn’t straight.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rudolf Kampf Porcelain - Post war copy?   Rudolf Kampf Porcelain - Post war copy?  

Rudolf Kampf Porcelain - Post war copy?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rudolf Kampf Porcelain - Post war copy?
    P
    Many

Yes, it's legit... Here's my example dated 1938...My German Grandmother brought it home after visiting her stepbrother at the Kaserne in Trier that same year... It's been in our family since then, and I'm glad that my Mother remembered it and saved it for me after my grandmother passed away in 1996...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rudolf Kampf Porcelain - Post war copy?  

Thanks Glenn. You have a nice piece…
    The thing that concerned me was the difference in font on the first photo compared with the other two examples I have shown below.
    Also the fact that the lettering on the word Grunlas isn’t even in the first photo. Whereas they look neater on the other two.

I'm no expert on 3rd Reich Dishes, but I don't see anything glaringly "bad"... Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will be able to add their Expertise...By the way, these aren't by any means rare and are easily obtained in the $30-$40 range...

Thanks Glenn.
    Yeah it’s not a very expensive item I’ve bought, it’s a large serving dish.
    I ordered it earlier today.. I just always think it’s good to check on here whenever I see a possible red flag. Sometimes I can be too cautious.
    I’ll add some photographs of it when it comes.
    Regards
    Liam