Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item

Article about: Hello guys, I have accuired these items for my Eismeerfront reference collection. I am very curious about the "field made" type of item. Could it be a lighter or some other type of

Jan
    ?

Default Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item

Hello guys,

I have accuired these items for my Eismeerfront reference collection.

I am very curious about the "field made" type of small artefact. Could it be a lighter or some other type of smoking related item? All help wecome

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item   Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item  

Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item   Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item
    P
    Many

Both those are cities in Finland.....

Edit. Its a 'marching pin' for those who walked or bicycled between the two.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Jan
    ?

Petsamo, situated in the far end of the "Eismeerstrasse" was part of Finland from 1920-1944 but ceded over to the Soviet Union in accordance with the Armistice Agreement of September 19, 1944. Rovaniemi was burnt to the ground by the retreating German forces in 1944.

I was more curious about this item

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item  

Oh, sorry. Is that a pin and clasp on the back?
    If so, maybe a pen holder or similar?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

My first thought was a miniature flower vase - a popular car accessory of old, which could be mounted to the dashboard (VW Beetles used to have them well into the 1960s (I think), and they were even resurrected with the awful ‘new shape’ beetles)!
    If the edelweiss Rovanemi/Petsamo badge represents a cycle tour, maybe such a vase could be mounted on the bicycle?

Just a wild flight of fancy…

Edit: looking again, I’m guessing it has a pin fitting - in which case, I would say it’s a lapel vase or posey holder; for a gentleman to wear a small flower on his suit jacket (incidentally, popular with Hercule Poirot)!

My thoughts also Kohima, in places where you have to wear a necktie to get in it might be called a corsage holder? Very nice finds Jan.

Jan
    ?

Thank you so much Gentlemen, it indeed is a Gebirgsjäger style corsage holder also called a "flower holder brooch". Here´s a picture of a similar one with Eichenlaub (oak leave) ornaments and another picture of a modern one showing how it is worn (without the flower).

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item   Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item  

CBH
    ?

Just a thought, but might they be used to hold an edelweiss flower? It is the symbol of Mountain Troops and only grows at high altitudes, do they grow in Finland ?

Jan
    ?

I thought about that too. Sadly the "Edelweiss" doesnt grow in Finland as the plant prefers rocky limestone soil at about 1,800–3,400 metres altitude neither of which we have in Finland.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Gebirgsjäger Mützenabzeichen and strange field made item  

?

Hello

in old cars (circa 1920-30), you had small flowers bouquet vase...?

cordially
    Didier

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast