Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver Fork with Golden Eagle

Article about: I am not interested in purchasing this item, but am asking on someone elses behalf. I feel like this may be another nasty fantasy piece, but I know nothing about this area. Any input appreci

Dav
    ?

Default Silver Fork with Golden Eagle

I am not interested in purchasing this item, but am asking on someone elses behalf. I feel like this may be another nasty fantasy piece, but I know nothing about this area. Any input appreciated. Thanks.
    Silver Fork with Golden Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Fork with Golden Eagle
    P
    Many

Not one that I would want in my collection.

Dav
    ?

Quote by Erich S View Post
    Not one that I would want in my collection.
    Is this a fantasy piece or a fake of an original item then? Thank you for your help.

A fantasy piece IMO.

I wouldn't want this in my collection. Looks like somebody just added the insignia to the fork.

+1, not fine...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

DAV; The emblem was designed by Andor Hencke (1895-1984) for the Gernam Foreign Office in 1936. It is extremely rare. I would not be too quick to condemn this fork as fake. To me, the attachment to the fork looks good and is well placed. It appears to me to be a fork that would have been used for state dinners hosted by the Foreign office, but I cannot say that with authority; it is just the way it looks to me. The link below will take to a website displaying a full set said to have belonged to Joachim von Ribbentrop, Dwight

images of utinsels used by the German foreign office in the NS era - Google Search

Silver Fork with Golden Eagle Can anyone identify the silver mark on the piece? I collect German/Third Reich era silver and have not been able to locate this hallmark. I've done searches on the internet and looked through my personal reference books on the subject. I haven't seen any other Third Reich era silverware with the same silver marking. (although I have see the crescent moon, 800, 900, etc)
    I did find some examples of this same kind of silverware by doing google image searches, etc. They seem to be legit. Now if I can just narrow down to who made these? Maybe these aren't German made??? Or made by a company that only produced these, and went out of business. I'd like to see more of these type of examples on the internet because I'm not finding much. Either quite rare and in collections around the world , but don't show they have these in their collection? Or they didn't make too many pieces and they are all hidden away in closets somewhere, or a lot were destroyed after the war? The silver hallmark is still driving me crazy though.... Can anybody identify the silver hallmark??
    Again I think these are legit pieces, just wish there was a little more to tack down on them. I like seeing things you've never seen before come to light. Regards

Wharfrat57; Could you provide a photo showing the entire utensil? Thanks, Dwight

WharfraT57: This is not the answer you want, but it is a lead. On the utensil set described in my post #7 above, one of them has the identical logo about which you are asking. Click on the large photo on the right side of the window and that will take you to a "sample" download that shows the logo. Dwight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast