Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?

Article about: Hi folks, I found something a little different to share. This, appears to me, to be a silver to silver alloy woman's brooch featuring a swastika with a very nice "starburst" backgr

Default Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?

Hi folks, I found something a little different to share.

This, appears to me, to be a silver to silver alloy woman's brooch featuring a swastika with a very nice "starburst" background pattern, giving it a bit of an Art Deco feel.

It's 5cm in diamter, so a fairly large piece of jewelry.

I can't confirm that this is necessarily a Third-Reich era piece, but certainly it's possible. Note the orientation of the swastika, as well as the fact that the pin is oriented in such a way that it features a tilted, or "mobile" swastika.

Anyway, not something I would actively collect, but I though it was unusual and very attractive so I could resist picking it up. Thanks for having a look.

-DF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?
    P
    Many

I believe this may be a brooch for one of the female organizations.
    I just can not remember which one, or rank.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I believe this may be a brooch for one of the female organizations.
    I just can not remember which one, or rank.
    Ralph.
    That's great info, Ralph... I actually hadn't thought of that, and just assumed it was a piece of jewelry.

Now that you say that, it does appear to me to be roughly the same size as something like the RADwJ Arbeitsmaid Rank Brooch. I'll start doing some digging - could get interesting. Thanks!

?

Could be related to the (ADM) Nederlandsche Arbeidsdienst voor Meisjes broche / Dutch Female labor service brooch, there were several styles
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Could be related to the (ADM) Nederlandsche Arbeidsdienst voor Meisjes broche / Dutch Female labor service brooch, there were several styles
    I think it is not a ADM Broche (Picture shows a ADM Broche), but a Broche used by BDM or 'Landdienst'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?  

whatever it is, it is a nice looking piece with a nicely executed design
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    I think it is not a ADM Broche (Picture shows a ADM Broche), but a Broche used by BDM or 'Landdienst'.
    Much appreciate the suggestions, gents. When I bought it, I didn't suspect it might have been organization related, but I'm doing some research and familiarizing myself with some of the various women's organization service brooches. At about 5cm in diameter, is does at least appear to be roughly the same size as some of the other brooches I'm seeing. Thanks for having a look!

Quote by KatManDude View Post
    whatever it is, it is a nice looking piece with a nicely executed design
    Isn't it, though? I normally would have walked right past something like this, but the sort of deco styled design and larger size of the piece grabbed my attention. Looks nice displayed in my office on a table with various other pieces.

Thanks for having a look!

It's an original sympathizers brooch.

?

In the Hüsken book this type is listed as a sympathizer brooch as Reinhard2 stated

Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast