Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Dachau enamel sign

Article about: Hello again, Now let me ask you all about this SS Dachau sign I came across. Has anyone ever seen anything like it? Do you feel it has been artificially aged? William Kramer

Default SS Dachau enamel sign

Hello again,

Now let me ask you all about this SS Dachau sign I came across. Has anyone ever seen anything like it? Do you feel it has been artificially aged?

William Kramer
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Dachau enamel sign  SS Dachau enamel sign  SS Dachau enamel sign  SS Dachau enamel sign  SS Dachau enamel sign 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dachau enamel sign
    P
    Many

Hi William.....
    First we need the advanced professors here to establish if this school...text and wording existed.
    We see too much humped up stuff anymore with dedications that that never were..on alot of the good stuff devalued and put on the market.

Im cautious about the black lettering that is barely worn and unscathed.

The SS Runes appear to be raised and not flat painted. Needs some studied eyes on this.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The school existed (it trained Sturmbann- and Standarten commanders of the Allgemeine SS; the first training course took place in Oct./Nov. 1937) but I don't believe in this sign.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 11-23-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Hi, it may be worth posting this over in the Konzentrationslagers sub-section for Carl to look at as he may have seen similar at one of the many sites he has studied, but personally I would not hold out much hope for a positive outcome. Leon.

mpw
    ?

Hi William.
    I have quite a few enamel signs in my collection and I have mixed feelings about this one. The enamel seems quite thick which is a good sign and the white showing through the black border looks OK for the age of the sign. I would have expected the back to be darker almost black but that could be due to the flash. Not sure about the lettering as mentioned. Looks fresher than the rest of the sign. Also the scratches look a bit strange.
    How heavy is it and what are the dimensions? Do you have any close up pictures of the lettering?
    Regards,
    Mark.

I have requested additional photos, thank you for the discussion thus far.

William Kramer

As said the Fuhrerschule was set up in 1937. I don't think the sign is original though.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    As said the Fuhrerschule was set up in 1937. I don't think the sign is original though.
    please elaborate on your opinion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

William check messenger

Whatever it is, I do not like the type of lettering.
    The word Dachau is the most disturbing!
    If locally made it does not please me either.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast