Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf

Article about: Just received my Wedding edition of Mein Kampf to pair with the SS wooden cask for it. The book was presented to the newlyweds Ortmann and Rauers at Dusseldorf on December 13, 1938.

Default SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf

Just received my Wedding edition of Mein Kampf to pair with the SS wooden cask for it. The book was presented to the newlyweds Ortmann and Rauers at Dusseldorf on December 13, 1938.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf   SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf  

SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf   SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Wow Ben, that's a great set.

Condition looks fantastic

I myself would be tempted to turn the box into a humidor
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Impressive find Ben and in great condition.
    The cask is impressive as well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

These casks have been controversial with collectors. That said, I like it.

Yes, based on the research I've done that is true but the cask has sold for $2500-3500 by dealers. I didn't buy mine. It came with a fully engraved war time Walther PP dated 1940 that I bought. Also in the box was what looks like a scarf with a swastika like what you would find on an armband with the words Kriegskameradschaft. So, maybe it was a vet bring back and the vet found this box as a convenient way to store the pistol.

Also, having examined the box, it is certainly showing the type of craftmanship of the period 30s-40s but whether it is wartime there is no way to tell.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FiveArmies View Post
    Yes, based on the research I've done that is true but the cask has sold for $2500-3500 by dealers. I didn't buy mine. It came with a fully engraved war time Walther PP dated 1940 that I bought. Also in the box was what looks like a scarf with a swastika like what you would find on an armband with the words Kriegskameradschaft. So, maybe it was a vet bring back and the vet found this box as a convenient way to store the pistol.
    So....you know what this now means...right?

We gotta see the pistol

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Fully Engraved Walther PP 1940

LoL!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf   SS Wedding Cask and Mein Kampf Wedding edition from Dusseldorf  

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ben! It's the perfect EDC!

Holy Crap Ben

That pistol is strikingly beautiful in detail.
    That is a find for sure

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast