Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Silver Plate

Article about: Recently bought a silver plate. The dates on the plate 1940-1944 (WW2?). It also has an interesting mark. Never saw it before.. The letters look to me like German. There no other marks on th

Default Strange Silver Plate

Recently bought a silver plate. The dates on the plate 1940-1944 (WW2?).
    It also has an interesting mark. Never saw it before.. The letters look to me like German. There no other marks on the back... If you know anything about this mark or the time period.. Please share your knowledge! Would appreciate it. Best regards and thank a lot for your interest!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Silver Plate   Strange Silver Plate  

Strange Silver Plate   Strange Silver Plate  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Silver Plate
    P
    Many

?

Hello

probably a commemorative plate, made after war, no symbol of IIInd Reich
    the badge is Luftflotte 5 (invasion of Norway)

cordially
    Didier

Found this online - Army Norway (Armeeoberkommando Norwegen, abbr. AOK Norwegen) was one of the two army echelon headquarters controlling German troops in the far north of Norway and Finland during World War II. It was directly subordinate to OKH, the high command headquarters of the Wehrmacht. It was created from Group XXI in December 1940, and disbanded in December 1944, with its assets taken over by the 20th Mountain Army.

Unsure why the date commences in July of 1940 except that was around the start of the actual occupation of Norway after the German invasion in April.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

How do you think, does this plate have some value without symbol of III Reich?

Value is dependent upon what someone wants to pay for the item, so to someone its priceless others it a cheap item.
    Without any detailed writing on it or attribution and no "symbols" I would say this is a lower end item, however I do like its simple elegance.

Morris